1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Master Replicas

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by Fizzgig1977, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Fizzgig1977

Fizzgig1977 New Member

With four muppet characters produced by Master Replicas, does anyone know if they are selling well. If so is anyone interested in Master Replica making characters from other Henson films & TV shows? Personally I would love to have a 1.1 scale Boober Fraggle and Hoggle from Labyrinth. But my most wanted character would be Fizzgig from Dark Crystal (especially now that Toy Vault have made that piece of rubbish that they call a Fizzgig plush! Any thoughts
  2. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

According to CSTom at MR, there is a limited amount of Gonzo and Animal left in there stock. MR only has the license for "The Muppet Show" only so they are not able to produce other Henson characters outside or The Muppet Show.
  3. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Their licence is from Disney, not Henson.Traditionally, Henson have shown that they dont want replicas made of their characters.
  4. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

I know muppetperson! :smirk: The Muppets have been at Disney for 4 years now and people STILL dont know! :shifty:
  5. Luke

Luke Active Member

Trying to forget, lol
  6. MuppetCaper

I already knew that Disney now owns the Muppets. I was refering to Henson Muppet characters....meaning that they cannot do Sesame Street or any other Henson movies other than the Muppet Show.
  7. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

To answer the second question from the first post: yes, I would be interested in MR getting the license from Henson. A few Fraggles and Movie creatures would be fantastic to have spread around the house.

As you say though, I'm sure that would depend on how well the Muppets are performing in sales, and whether or not Henson would allow the license.

Time will tell. :wisdom:
  8. muppetperson

Henson would not allow the licence unless they had a rethink or sold the characters to someone else, like they did with Disney.They feel strongly in this area for "legal reasons",
    so I wouldnt hold your breath waiting for Henson owned replicas anytime soon.
  9. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Fizzgig, where abouts in Staffordshire do you live?
  10. Luke

Luke Active Member

I think maybe Henson might allow a license if it was a really high-end collectors thing - but probably Labyrinth, Dark Crystal characters rather than Fraggles. I think we would be talking editions of 500 or less, and prices into the thousands though.
  11. Fizzgig1977

Fizzgig1977 New Member

Hi Reevz1977, I live in Cheadle about 10 miles from Stoke
  12. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Crikey, what a small world. I work as an Illustrator for JCB in Rocester - just down the road from Cheadle and live in Ashbourne which is only a stones throw away - look out of your window now, can you see me waving?;)
  13. muppetperson

Discounted Muppets

Master Replicas are currently offering 10% off Gonzo and Animal.
    A sign that they are trying to boost sales, so sales arent going that well if they need to discount them.:(
  14. MuppetCaper

Not true...MR always has sales on there stuff. Doesn't mean that they are not selling that well.
  15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I agree with that. If it were 25% off or more I'd be concerned, but it appears to be an average sale to me. MRs prices are sometimes more inflated than other companies selling their items. Also maybe they're looking to see if a slightly decreased price point increases sales. :)
  16. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

DisneyStore.com still has Gonzo cheaper than the MR 10% off price. If you watch their ads long enough, you can get him when they have free shipping or greatly reduced shipping.

Plus, MR collectors society members have always been offered the 10% off price.

:p