What are the lamest, Dullest, and Worst Non-Muppet segments?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I hate that one but the cow film was good and while the song maybe was dumb but funny.

Come to think of it the other cow film was dumb. Well at least the song that went with it was. MILK! MILK! MILK!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I adore the "Hey Cow" film, but I admit I always laugh at: "The cow makes milk for her baby. But she makes much more milk than her calf can drink." Ha!

dietrich

Reaction score
The newer segments of the recent years just don't have the same charm as the old ones. I remember the on-location skit in NYC where letters of the alphabet are found throughout the city. It has a great jazzy score from Joe Raposo and feels natural.

Twenty years later they reshot the skit with the fake sounding music of the 90's. The problem after season 25 was that they tried to perfect what was already perfect with unnecessary background music. Don't break what's already fixed.:boo:

ISNorden

Reaction score
I adore the "Hey Cow" film, but I admit I always laugh at: "The cow makes milk for her baby. But she makes much more milk than her calf can drink." Ha!
Of course, what they didn't say was: "...because people bred her that way." :insatiable: To bring this thread back on topic, though: I read on another fansite that when the BBC started showing Sesame Street material, one preschool teacher had the class view that "Hey, cow" film. Afterwards, he asked them where milk came from; most of the children responded with "America". :big_grin:

mjb1124

Reaction score
I remember the first time I saw the "Hey Cow..." film, I thought "cool, I love cows!". And the song was catchy at first. But then it just went on and on and on. I swear, anybody who thinks SS shortens people's attention spans should see this film. :big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
HA HA HAAAA! You're right! It went on forever! HA HA!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You're right! It went on forever! HA HA!
"Every day......in farms all across America......hum....hum....Hey Cow.....grass so green....something something....about cows....again......"

(Lol, still love you, Cow film!)

anytimepally

Reaction score
3. The "food jingle" cartoons from Season 36. Do toddlers really need an artsy song telling them broccoli is nutritious and looks like a little tree, when they probably hear the same comments at home? And "Grapes, grapes, grapes, grapes..." repeated for 20 seconds feels a little too much like Elmo's infamous "topic songs"... :sleep:
I liked the potato song.. and any Jerry Nelson we can get on the show these days is a wonderful thing.. even if it's in a song about potatoes :smirk: