What are the lamest, Dullest, and Worst Non-Muppet segments?

mr3urious

Reaction score
"Hey Cow" is alright, but I agree that it's too long and lecture-y. Once SS slowly moved away from lectures, it started to grow the beard (the opposite of jumping the shark).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
"Hey Cow" is alright, but I agree that it's too long and lecture-y. Once SS slowly moved away from lectures, it started to grow the beard (the opposite of jumping the shark).
Maybe it's just nostalgia, but whenever I watch "Hey Cow" it takes me back to the old days when children's TV didn't mind slowing down its pace once and awhile.

Plus the narration is quite funny at times, "MILK....Did you ever wonder where it comes from?" My Dad and I always say, "No..." Lol

Drtooth

Reaction score
Maybe it's just nostalgia, but whenever I watch "Hey Cow" it takes me back to the old days when children's TV didn't mind slowing down its pace once and awhile.
Yeah, but you see... there's a difference between slowing down and dead crawl. I still say Raposo should have wrote a dairy cow song. Difference between the two, we openly mock this one, and a Raposo song we'd be singing to ourselves in the shower... plus, Snappy little Raposo numbers and all, we'd've had the same info in a third of the time.

The problem I have with "Hey Cow" isn't just the pacing... it's the redundancy. It's one thing to try to sound poetic, but it comes off repetitive. I still compare the narration to Orson Welles's famous blow up over the Super Market... you know, the frozen peas ("What is it you want? What in the DEPTHS of your ignorance, is it that you want?")

Not a fan of the fireman segment the same musicians did, but it was like a century shorter to watch.

Seriously... dude is NO Raposo. I never have anything bad to say about Raposo. Everything he did turned to gold.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, but you see... there's a difference between slowing down and dead crawl. I still say Raposo should have wrote a dairy cow song. Difference between the two, we openly mock this one, and a Raposo song we'd be singing to ourselves in the shower... plus, Snappy little Raposo numbers and all, we'd've had the same info in a third of the time.
::shrugs:: I just didn't mind that much, lol. And sometimes it's more fun to mock something. :wink:

Not a fan of the fireman segment the same musicians did, but it was like a century shorter to watch.
Is that the "Fireman, he's ready to go, the fireman?" I actually agree that that was was too long and redundant, lol. The only thing that saved it for me was the great 1970's city footage. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Is that the "Fireman, he's ready to go, the fireman?" I actually agree that that was was too long and redundant, lol. The only thing that saved it for me was the great 1970's city footage. :smile:
Plus, well... they're fire Fighters. Every day they risk their lives and safety to help others... the song was a LITTLE too upbeat and it diminished how heroic these people are.

Especially the part with "The fire's out
the fire's out!

The FI-I-I-I-re's out!"

There is a mark difference between Hey Cow and Fireman... Fire Man cracks me up unintentionally.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Plus, well... they're fire Fighters. Every day they risk their lives and safety to help others... the song was a LITTLE too upbeat and it diminished how heroic these people are.
Actually the more somber music from "Hey Cow" might have been more appropriate!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I had to search on YT to find ones I really find dull... really... it was a hard search because no one ever remembers the klunkers.

I'm no fan of the following series

Dated computer animation of letters in different ways and all variants thereof... the one with the different fonts, the one where the kid prints them out of a computer... they're all just... boring and bland and that white background highlights the dullness of it.

Counting Dancing Kids

and of course, stop motion objects floating around doing stuff... all of it. Everything that studio did for Sesame Street EVER was boring.