The second DTV Garfield Movie is revealed

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of a new show. The writing for the first special wasn't great, but I am hoping that will improve with time. I did dig the look of the main characters and the toon shading for the GC to retain some classic line art quality to it.

http://wijitworld.com/stock_images/gf.jpg

The secondary characters (like the comic strip director) looked unimpressive compared with the main cast.

A new television series seems right to me and Jim Davis explains on the first DVD why he feels Garfield should be in CG and why he held out so long. I just hope the writing gets better. The last DVD has caused me to actually check his daily comic almost every day.

Drtooth

Reaction score
A new television series seems right to me and Jim Davis explains on the first DVD why he feels Garfield should be in CG and why he held out so long. I just hope the writing gets better. The last DVD has caused me to actually check his daily comic almost every day.
The movies are written by Jim Davis, while the speculation is that Mark Evanier will write the series. As he did for Garfield and Friends (which, I think surpassed the appeal of the comic strip). There is a difference. They do have some common themes, but Mark does some slight political stuff. (i.e. at the end of Payday mayday, you here Orson say "You know what happens to people who can't handle money." To which, Wade replies, "Yeah! They end up in Washington.") Jim usually stays away from that stuff. As he once stated, "I though OPEC was a denture adheasive."

I'm 90% sure we won't see Roy, Wade, and the US Acres crew in the new series. And even if they did, I wonder who'd play Wade. After all, Howard Morris passed away a couple years abck or so.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I'm 90% sure we won't see Roy, Wade, and the US Acres crew in the new series. And even if they did, I wonder who'd play Wade. After all, Howard Morris passed away a couple years abck or so.
It's funny, I thought they were boring when I was little (except for Sheldon and Wade), but now that I am older I 'get' them :smile:.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, I used to always love "U.S. Acres"cartoons. Loved them even more after they stopped being educational!:big_grin:

muppet baby

Reaction score
Yeah, as long as Frank Welker does th voice of Garfield justice I 'm good.
I am with u on that William, i did not even know anything about this new show or the movie that is like it is just out wow i am going to have to go and get it .

This kind of animation after seeing something in the regular animation aka the new Starawberry shortcake then going into the one movie with those same strawberry shortcake then do it in claymation well for them it did not really look the same i mean ok i have the game boy game for it, ok for that but for starwberry no go .

The funny thing from what i have seen from the website link Garfeild the new he looks the same like the caritor if that makes sense :embarrassed: i hope that is does keke , but anyway and then also having frank welker or if he could not do it for some reason having someone who could do the voice just like him that would be ok for me .:smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well, I used to always love "U.S. Acres"cartoons. Loved them even more after they stopped being educational!:big_grin:
Oh, I didn't hate them, I just didn't understand them or where the characters came from. If I had known then they were from a real comic he did I would have had a higher opinion of them :smile:, since I though they were just made up characters someone else made.
I actually liked the reading rainbow like message in most of them, but once they started putting in Aliwishus Pig near the end it really went downhill to me:sympathy:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I used to read the US Acres comic books as a kid, but didn't seem to think it translated well to television. I always felt they needed more Garfield and less Friends. He he. Plus, I generally liked the Garfield specials much better than the program. I wouldn't be opposed to the merging or exploring of the worlds now. That seems like an interesting prospect to me. Much better than some of the extras in Garfield Gets Real.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I loved the character Aliwishus Pig! He was Awsome! "That's 25 dimarits!" "You can't do that! That just not right!" I loved how he always pointed out all the things that "the network" limited them from doing!

muppet baby

Reaction score
I used to read the US Acres comic books as a kid, but didn't seem to think it translated well to television. I always felt they needed more Garfield and less Friends. He he. Plus, I generally liked the Garfield specials much better than the program. I wouldn't be opposed to the merging or exploring of the worlds now. That seems like an interesting prospect to me. Much better than some of the extras in Garfield Gets Real.
i know i am like u i read the us acres comics to and loved them and yes they did translate to TV well i never understood why they where mixed with Garfeild . My dad and watched the show every saterday morning though and kind of fast forwored the US Acres .

I really loved the Garfeild cartoons so much though and dad still watched the reruns wtih me that i am collecting the DVDs .:smile: Garfeild is the best but i do also agree though that the speicals ae the best, i really loved the ones where he traveled with John .

I am going to get that DVD this week i think i have been wanting to do that for a while .