Muppets to appear in Disney Channel TV special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Count von Count

Reaction score
Disney may think most of the viewers were supporting the Disney's tv shows, not the Muppets. That may be good if disney makes a other tv special with the muppets, Or Disney may make more h.m tv shows.-- We should disney we want to see more Muppets.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Ok think about this. Right now Disney Channel has three big money makers right now High School Muisical Hanna Montana and the newest thing that I have a feeling is going to be a big hit Camp Rock. these shows have created some pretty big names not just with kids but everyone.
If Disney did not want the Muppets to be a part of this big stardom then they would have not even fiimed the show back in 07. I think that Disney now has some sort of plan for the Muppets. I really don't see a down side to all this really, and here is why. Disney knows what reaches not only kids but a lot of diifrent people by the shows i mentioned. they know people will tun in because of these stars. We fans know that the Muppets can be very hip funny and edgy,and be for everyone. This is just going to show everyone how good the Muppets can now be on TV. This is really the Muppets time to become stars once again. Go Muppets!
I'm not saying this is a good or bad thing until I see it, I just don't care for any of those bad child and teenage actors or singers.
The point I'm making is that I will be indeed watching for the Muppets and nothing else just like many others including many of my friends who I've told about this.
But the Muppets are not going to be stars the others who are the stars of the shows will be that's what I'm trying to say.
The only thing I can see in the upcoming future that will help the world see how great these characters are is the new movie by Jason.:smile:
But does anyone undertand what I'm trying to get at?
Yes, you're making perfect sense!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Really? the movie isn't even going to be out until a year or so if that.
I'd say it's been made to help sell merch and dvd's lol:scary:
I think its a little bit of both, it also maybe to see how the Muppets do on the disney channel.

Luke

Reaction score
What Disney is probably now doing with this is using the "Disney Stars" to get the kids to watch and get the advertisers in to pay for it, and then focus grouping kids to see what they thought of the Muppet bits. Maybe some of the feedback will be used to develop the film and whatever other TV projects i think we will see with it.

Count von Count

Reaction score
If disney wanted to see how the Muppets whould do, they should just put the Muppet Movie on th Disney Channel.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Which wouldn't do very well, to be fair, because it's filled with cameos that no one remembers and characters who are bearly introuced playing with musical rotating rainbarrels.

Katzi428

Reaction score
It appears Disney is going forward with reintroducing the Muppets to a younger audience using their Disney Channel stars. I'm not a big fan of these stars or programs, but I do think it is a good idea and will be great for the upcoming film.

Also, I noticed in addition to the Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie and Gonzo lineup that there's also Animal with the entire Mayhem band along with the Snowths in another portion. It pleases me to the the Electric Mayhem getting gigs. :flirt: :sing:
WHEW!Thank goodness!NOW I won't get a blank look from my 8 year old niece when talking about the Muppets.
When I was in New York this past week,I asked her if she likes the Muppets.She looked at me & asked "What's a Muppet?" She knows who Kermit is but not the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.