1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppets to appear in Disney Channel TV special

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by jacobsnchz, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. jacobsnchz

jacobsnchz Active Member

Disney Channel stars Ashley Tisdale, Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers, Dylan and Cole Sprouse and The Cheetah Girls join the famous Muppets including Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Gonzo and Fozzie Bear, in the television special "Studio DC: Almost Live!" which features song, dance and backstage antics of a variety show.

"Studio DC: Almost Live!" airs Saturday, July 19 (8:00 p.m. ET/PT) on Disney Channel. On the show Ashley Tisdale will be doing Bop To The Top from High School Musical with Kermit the Frog which was pre-recorded on July 30, 2007 (Yes, one year ago)!

Pics:
    Ashley Tisdale performs Bop to the Top with Kermit the Frog
    http://ashleypictures.net/thumbnails.php?album=464

Publicity Stills
    http://www.dcmedianet.com/Web/display/display_main.aspx?typecode=ph&global_id=3117030
  2. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It appears Disney is going forward with reintroducing the Muppets to a younger audience using their Disney Channel stars. I'm not a big fan of these stars or programs, but I do think it is a good idea and will be great for the upcoming film.

Also, I noticed in addition to the Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie and Gonzo lineup that there's also Animal with the entire Mayhem band along with the Snowths in another portion. It pleases me to the the Electric Mayhem getting gigs. :flirt: :sing:
  3. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

THAT IS AWWWWWWWWWWWWESOME! ! ! ! I don't care if it's the awful Disney Channel stars--it's THE MUPPETS! WHOO! They're back! :excited:

And looking through those pictures and reading the captions from them, it appears that the Muppets are actually the ones putting on the show with all these DC stars in it. Interesting. I'm very, very excited about this. Especially the pictures of the Snowths and the Electric Mayhem. VERY exciting.
  4. jacobsnchz

jacobsnchz Active Member

5. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Interesting. Exciting. Good news? ... Yes. Yes, I think so.

I don't care for the Muppets co-stars for this special, but at least it brings the Muppets into the public eye, and hopefully, it'll atract a new audience to the Muppets.

The Snowths and the Electric Mayhem? Very cool. But... what is that blue thing Kermit's wearing? :eek:
  6. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

Oh well take the bad with the good, internet sam videos = good.
    Children shows with horrible acting and white bread characters = bad
    Dr. Teeth & the band + Snowths = Amazingly Good
    Kermit in that outfit = no no no no bad
  7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Hmmm. Has this replaced the ad-bumpers about technology that were set to feature the Muppets and the Disney kids?

I just walked through San Francisco's Civic Center area - the epicenter of Pride weekend and Kermit's blue outfit would even be out of place there! Eeek! It reminds me of when Paula Abdul dressed the muppets in magenta and green vinyl dance suits for Muppets Tonight. :eek:

Has Hilda died? Who's dressing the Muppets these days?
  8. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Sounds like the Muppets will be making a guest appearance on "What Not to Wear".

:D <--- funky dressed Muppet

:coy: <--- banana shirt dressed Muppet

:) <--- nude Muppet
  9. AnimatedC9000

AnimatedC9000 Well-Known Member

GASPS! :eek:

I cannot believe this! They're finally giving the Muppets another chance with the public!

And the full Electric Mayhem's there, too! *fangirl screams*

HURRY UP WITH THE SPECIAL, DISNEY! Or we'll throw... penguins! Yeah, that's it, penguins! We'll throw penguins at you!

Beware the penguins... :zany:
  10. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Is that...Kermit? At the checkin desk for Zach and Cody?

I've been waiting for this for SO long...yes, I am a fan of Zach and Cody...

Ever since "That's So Suite Life of Hannah Montana" I've wanted to see another mixup including the Mupps.
  11. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

:shifty: When looking at the Disney site and what they choose to promote it's this Disney Channel kids product, not so much Mickey and the gang. Don't get me wrong. I disagree with that, but that is their choice and the fact they're choosing to connect them to the Muppets shows a level of confidence in Kermit and company that has always been lacking with the mouse.

:) I remember sitting on an airplane several years ago with a young person assigned in the seat next to me. She was every bit as American as any kid but barely knew Kermit, much less who the Muppets are. I cannot imagine my childhood without the Muppet Show and movies! That is what this project will help resolve. It will show a new generation that Kermit is more than an iconic green puppet - he, and his gang, have distinct personalities and a unique wit that crosses many boundaries.

:cool: If it takes Hannah Montana to do that than so be it! Just think of an era of new fans outbidding us on rare Muppet items on Ebay! What a wonderful problem to have!
  12. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Oh boy! Oh boy! Muppets on TV agian! I only hope my sis doesn't bug me about it. (She gave me smirks when Harvey Firestien appeared on award show [we knew him from Elmo Saves Christmas])

Kermit's blue outfit is supposed to being matching Ashley's. I believe that';s the outfit her partner wore in the movire High School Musical.
  13. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Hmmm at first thought I was like ohh no. But looking at it, this might be interesting. Especially with the Snowths, the EM band? I mean yes the muppets on tv and all, but i just dont know what to think of it. I'll just have to tune in and see. :)
  14. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

I have to agree with the positive statements about this. Do I like those Disney shows? Not really, but I'm excited to see the Muppets getting SOME kind of exposure and it could turn out to be alot of fun. Thumbs up Disney!
  15. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Well i think that this is all because of Jason Seagl wanting to do a movie. If he didn't then i don't think the Muppets would not be comming out with new stuff this quick. I mean we have a new video on youtube, and it has some Muppets we have not seen in a long time. Plus we have new videos on Muppets.com very cool stuff, and I feel that all this is just the very begging of the Muppets fainly going in the right direction.
  16. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

This show was taped in 2007 so it isnt a recent taping. But still i get what your saying.
  17. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Somebody tell me... why am I not excited about this?
  18. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Because you don't connect with silly sit-coms for kids?
  19. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

For me it is less about personal excitement and more about excitement for the Muppets. I am interested in seeing how this special handles the characters. This is a demographic that has been lacking in Muppet audiences and Disney's trying to change that.
  20. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I must, otherwise, I don't believe I'd watch Kenan and Kel after school everyday when it used to be on Nickelodeon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.