Muppets to appear in Disney Channel TV special

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
Disney Channel stars Ashley Tisdale, Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers, Dylan and Cole Sprouse and The Cheetah Girls join the famous Muppets including Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Gonzo and Fozzie Bear, in the television special "Studio DC: Almost Live!" which features song, dance and backstage antics of a variety show.

"Studio DC: Almost Live!" airs Saturday, July 19 (8:00 p.m. ET/PT) on Disney Channel. On the show Ashley Tisdale will be doing Bop To The Top from High School Musical with Kermit the Frog which was pre-recorded on July 30, 2007 (Yes, one year ago)!

Pics:
Ashley Tisdale performs Bop to the Top with Kermit the Frog
http://ashleypictures.net/thumbnails.php?album=464

Publicity Stills
http://www.dcmedianet.com/Web/display/display_main.aspx?typecode=ph&global_id=3117030

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It appears Disney is going forward with reintroducing the Muppets to a younger audience using their Disney Channel stars. I'm not a big fan of these stars or programs, but I do think it is a good idea and will be great for the upcoming film.

Also, I noticed in addition to the Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie and Gonzo lineup that there's also Animal with the entire Mayhem band along with the Snowths in another portion. It pleases me to the the Electric Mayhem getting gigs. :flirt: :sing:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
THAT IS AWWWWWWWWWWWWESOME! ! ! ! I don't care if it's the awful Disney Channel stars--it's THE MUPPETS! WHOO! They're back! :excited:

And looking through those pictures and reading the captions from them, it appears that the Muppets are actually the ones putting on the show with all these DC stars in it. Interesting. I'm very, very excited about this. Especially the pictures of the Snowths and the Electric Mayhem. VERY exciting.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Interesting. Exciting. Good news? ... Yes. Yes, I think so.

I don't care for the Muppets co-stars for this special, but at least it brings the Muppets into the public eye, and hopefully, it'll atract a new audience to the Muppets.

The Snowths and the Electric Mayhem? Very cool. But... what is that blue thing Kermit's wearing? :eek:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Oh well take the bad with the good, internet sam videos = good.
Children shows with horrible acting and white bread characters = bad
Dr. Teeth & the band + Snowths = Amazingly Good
Kermit in that outfit = no no no no bad

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. Has this replaced the ad-bumpers about technology that were set to feature the Muppets and the Disney kids?

I just walked through San Francisco's Civic Center area - the epicenter of Pride weekend and Kermit's blue outfit would even be out of place there! Eeek! It reminds me of when Paula Abdul dressed the muppets in magenta and green vinyl dance suits for Muppets Tonight. :eek:

Has Hilda died? Who's dressing the Muppets these days?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Has Hilda died? Who's dressing the Muppets these days?
Sounds like the Muppets will be making a guest appearance on "What Not to Wear".

:big_grin: <--- funky dressed Muppet

:coy: <--- banana shirt dressed Muppet

:smile: <--- nude Muppet

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
GASPS! :eek:

I cannot believe this! They're finally giving the Muppets another chance with the public!

And the full Electric Mayhem's there, too! *fangirl screams*

HURRY UP WITH THE SPECIAL, DISNEY! Or we'll throw... penguins! Yeah, that's it, penguins! We'll throw penguins at you!

Beware the penguins... :zany:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Is that...Kermit? At the checkin desk for Zach and Cody?

I've been waiting for this for SO long...yes, I am a fan of Zach and Cody...

Ever since "That's So Suite Life of Hannah Montana" I've wanted to see another mixup including the Mupps.

Status
Not open for further replies.