Muppets to appear in Disney Channel TV special

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:shifty: When looking at the Disney site and what they choose to promote it's this Disney Channel kids product, not so much Mickey and the gang. Don't get me wrong. I disagree with that, but that is their choice and the fact they're choosing to connect them to the Muppets shows a level of confidence in Kermit and company that has always been lacking with the mouse.

:smile: I remember sitting on an airplane several years ago with a young person assigned in the seat next to me. She was every bit as American as any kid but barely knew Kermit, much less who the Muppets are. I cannot imagine my childhood without the Muppet Show and movies! That is what this project will help resolve. It will show a new generation that Kermit is more than an iconic green puppet - he, and his gang, have distinct personalities and a unique wit that crosses many boundaries.

:cool: If it takes Hannah Montana to do that than so be it! Just think of an era of new fans outbidding us on rare Muppet items on Ebay! What a wonderful problem to have!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Oh boy! Oh boy! Muppets on TV agian! I only hope my sis doesn't bug me about it. (She gave me smirks when Harvey Firestien appeared on award show [we knew him from Elmo Saves Christmas])

I just walked through San Francisco's Civic Center area - the epicenter of Pride weekend and Kermit's blue outfit would even be out of place there! Eeek! It reminds me of when Paula Abdul dressed the muppets in magenta and green vinyl dance suits for Muppets Tonight. :eek:

Has Hilda died? Who's dressing the Muppets these days?
Kermit's blue outfit is supposed to being matching Ashley's. I believe that';s the outfit her partner wore in the movire High School Musical.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Hmmm at first thought I was like ohh no. But looking at it, this might be interesting. Especially with the Snowths, the EM band? I mean yes the muppets on tv and all, but i just dont know what to think of it. I'll just have to tune in and see. :smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I have to agree with the positive statements about this. Do I like those Disney shows? Not really, but I'm excited to see the Muppets getting SOME kind of exposure and it could turn out to be alot of fun. Thumbs up Disney!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well i think that this is all because of Jason Seagl wanting to do a movie. If he didn't then i don't think the Muppets would not be comming out with new stuff this quick. I mean we have a new video on youtube, and it has some Muppets we have not seen in a long time. Plus we have new videos on Muppets.com very cool stuff, and I feel that all this is just the very begging of the Muppets fainly going in the right direction.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Well i think that this is all because of Jason Seagl wanting to do a movie. If he didn't then i don't think the Muppets would not be comming out with new stuff this quick. I mean we have a new video on youtube, and it has some Muppets we have not seen in a long time. Plus we have new videos on Muppets.com very cool stuff, and I feel that all this is just the very begging of the Muppets fainly going in the right direction.
This show was taped in 2007 so it isnt a recent taping. But still i get what your saying.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Somebody tell me... why am I not excited about this?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Because you don't connect with silly sit-coms for kids?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Somebody tell me... why am I not excited about this?
For me it is less about personal excitement and more about excitement for the Muppets. I am interested in seeing how this special handles the characters. This is a demographic that has been lacking in Muppet audiences and Disney's trying to change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.