1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppets to appear in Disney Channel TV special

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by jacobsnchz, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Count von Count Active Member

Thanks. ^
    I could point out a million reasons why not to watch theses shoe, but the truth is that when I actually sit down and watch one of them that they actually made me laugh.-IlikeMuppets that's not true about me I have seen 1 ep. of each of those shows they are no good.
  2. Muppet Loverr Member

Ok Now...The thing i dont get, is that High School Musical, was the biggest TV special, on tv at one point, and High School Musical 2 was 2xs the amount of that. And High School Musical 3 will be a box office hit! People are still buying the 1st movie DvD. Everyone knows, Ashley Tisdale, Zac Efron and such. So not to say that your wrong with the non-lasting part, but it hasnet gone anywhere, and wont be for a long time!
    Now i dont think Disney would do that...Hannah Montana MIGHT be the next Thats So Raven (The ONLY Disney Channel show, to go over 4 seasons) because its sooo popular.

But i DO Agree with the own Muppet space. I would love to see the Muppets in there own TV series! That would be the best!:)
  3. Zack the Dog Active Member

Dave really was so funny with Gonzo in that interview!:concern:

It's exciting that it's a new Muppet project and it's coming out so soon! But as with most people i don't care for the stars. This special is meant to reach new younger fans, but it looks from the pics that they are doing things for the long time Muppet fans as well. We were all younger once ;) and started to love the Muppets then, but that was when the Muppets were new and taking over TV lead by Jim Henson. This special is done in a different way of course to reach a new younger audience. It was bound to happen with Disney as most people predicted it. It's all Disney's got really! lol i hate to say that but Disney isn't so much Mickey, Donald, and Goofy anymore.
  4. Count von Count Active Member

What Magazines may I ask? Muppet Loverr
  5. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Well I for one am talking about the tabloids. They are always looking for something to say about Hanna Montana and Mliye Cyrse. Like the one i read a week ago that said Mliey's mom grounded her because of chating on myspace with older guys, and using bad language. They are also talking about some pics that came out of her, but I don't know.

I would also like to say that i think your right i think Disney has done very well with both High School Musical and Hanna Montana. I work at Wal mart and I sell more then eough of both franchises in one week to at least pay one of there stars.
    After reading the Muppet Newsflash story about this I have to say if they really want a new Generation of Muppet fans then I'm all for it. I just hope the Muppets stay true to themselfs.
  6. Count von Count Active Member

I think that it's dumb that people buy so much to tv show stars. Or movie stars, just leave them alone.
  7. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I know I think your right Go Muppets!
  8. Ilikemuppets New Member

To each their own I was watching one of their shows just the other day and was laughing myself silly.:zany:

Actually Hannah Montana is bigger, even more popular and more highly rated...
  9. Count von Count Active Member

I want to know how it gets popular, h.m., The show was made for teens right? But it looks like kids are making it popul. I may be wrong but it looks like kids enjoy teen tv-shows more, to back this up name a popul. kid tv-show, I can't think of any.
  10. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

You know, the only disney channel show I actually like is Zack and Cody. (well, and Raven, but still). Yet amazingly, I still watch Hannah Montanna. I dont like the hsow, but for some reason, I still watch it, and I laugh. (ecpecially when Jaxon or however you spell it dressed up as Ozzy Osbourne, Hilarious :D)
  11. Ilikemuppets New Member

"Sponge Bob Square Pants" for one.
  12. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I love Sponge Bob!

I want to take back some of the things I have said about Hanna Montana, and High School Musical. I am talking in ignorance because I have not seen ethier of them. They may be great kid shows/movies, and Im talking a little down about them. I want to see both things I just mentioned so as a parent I can know whats out there.
    I also really am quite exited about this for the Muppets! Disney is really trying to get them out there, and that really makes me happy. We have not had the Muppets do there own prime-time Varity show in so long. This should make any long time Muppet fan very exited! GO MUPPETS!
  13. Ilikemuppets New Member

I liked Even Stevens when it was on. I though that was a pretty good show and ever well written for Disney. But "Thats so Raven" makes me laugh, personally and so does "The Sweet Life and Zack And Cody" and well as "Cory In The House". I But I think that "Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide" was truly a funny show and despite what others think, I think it was classic Nick. I also think that "The Necked Brothers Band" is a really good, funny, well written show and is underrated. At first I didn't think I would like it but after watching it I have to say that I actually like that one!
  14. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Which is a horrible truth, if you ask me. Spongey is pretty much the only Children's cartoon that can compete.

I don't have the Disney Channel, and I don't think I want it. Sure it may be good exposure for the muppets, but people though that way about the Nick and Jessica special.

Yuckko.
  15. Luke Active Member

My thoughts on this - i am all for the Muppets on TV, very exciting. It also looks like they have managed to put a good variety of characters in this - also great. The whole idea could work if it was written nicely, though it might come off as looking a bit "awkward" to the older fans.

As to what significance it plays in the Muppet comeback, i have doubts about it being a big part of their re-introduction. It was filmed a year ago and never used, things are usually kept for a while but thats quite long, and its not being aired on any special holiday or as part of any special campaign, and they have done zero promotion for it. Looks more like its being aired because they have it and don't have any other use for it so its being buried. My suspicion is that they would ideally have some kind of series or movie ready if they were going to show the kids something like this to get them back into the Muppets, and the movie is a little way off (probably some of the people appearing won't even be as hot then) so perhaps this was made and meant to air as part of a big Muppets comeback but now the movie is a little way off they will want to do something else then and are just airing this as something extra.

My feelings on getting kids back into the Muppets are that it needs to be done from a fresh perspective, like introducing them for the first time. I don't think putting all the Disney stars into a hotel and then "Hey, there's the Muppets" is really going to work in getting kids into them, although im sure they will watch anyway for their HSM and Hannah Montanna stars.
  16. Count von Count Active Member

17. BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

That's right! Ned all the way! :)

I know everyone's mad about the Muppets working with these tween stars but think about this way: this is the FIRST Muppet TV special in 18 YEARS, I'm excited for this special. I've never watched Hannah Montana, I've never seen High School Musical, I've never heard a Jonas Brothers song, but I'm not watching it for them, I'm watching it to see the Muppets in a new production for the first time since 2005. It'll be worth the wait.
  18. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

yea i agree with everything you have said and I think i was saying preety much the same thing. I'm really exited for the Muppets right now, and I think we should all be real exited. Tell everyone you know that this is comming on. If Disney won't premote it then I think us Muppet fans should. This is not some little guest star apperance this is there own one hour varity show! this is BIG! tell everyone you know. Have a party that night get things going It's time for us old Muppet fans to get ready for a new generation of fans to come in. We need to be ready with open arms. THE MUPPETS ARE COMMING BACK!
  19. TheJimHensonHour New Member

I'm not mad myself about this I really could care less though, and this is hardly a Muppet special.
    It's more like an episode of these Disney shows with the Muppets as guest stars.:D
  20. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Ok think about this. Right now Disney Channel has three big money makers right now High School Muisical Hanna Montana and the newest thing that I have a feeling is going to be a big hit Camp Rock. these shows have created some pretty big names not just with kids but everyone.
    If Disney did not want the Muppets to be a part of this big stardom then they would have not even fiimed the show back in 07. I think that Disney now has some sort of plan for the Muppets. I really don't see a down side to all this really, and here is why. Disney knows what reaches not only kids but a lot of diifrent people by the shows i mentioned. they know people will tun in because of these stars. We fans know that the Muppets can be very hip funny and edgy,and be for everyone. This is just going to show everyone how good the Muppets can now be on TV. This is really the Muppets time to become stars once again. Go Muppets!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.