Muppets to appear in Disney Channel TV special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidk

Reaction score
It's airing on the Disney Chanel, but what can people who either don't have that channel or live in Canada do to watch the special? I want to see it so badly.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
Don't believe me? then just you wait and see, and if I'm wrong i'll eat my hat!
*gasp* But it's such a NICE hat! Don't eat it! ! ! :eek: ...unless it's gussied up with some herbs and spices first. :hungry: :zany:

petrieboy

Reaction score
A New Muppet Show Should Have The Following...

All right,fine...
I'm just hoping that the Muppets will work their way back into a level of class. I'd like to see a new Muppet show with performers like the following (which, if accomplished, would confirm that the Muppets have returned to us once and for all)...

Belinda Carlisle
Judi Dench
Robert DeNiro
Aishwarya Rai
Josh Groban
Diane Keaton
Bruce Springsteen
George Clooney
U2
Maria McKee
Roseanne Barr
David Letterman
Mariah Carey
Jennifer Connelly
Amy Grant and Vince Gill
Christian Bale
Bill Cosby
David Bowie
Billy Joel
Bill and Hillary Clinton
Oprah Winfrey
Catherine Denouvre
Bette Midler
Tim Burton
Cher
Reese Witherspoon
Enrique Iglesias
Siouxsie Sioux
Roberto Benigni
Paul Reubens
Al Pacino
Cyndi Lauper
Martin Scorcese

That's just about my dream list.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Nice list. I agree with 98% of it. I was thrown with Amy Grant (bad memories of long childhood car trips listening to her El Shaddai cassette for hours at a time...cringe) but you made up for it with Cyndi Lauper!

I think the Muppets will soon have suitable stars knocking down the stage door to work with them!

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
*gasp* But it's such a NICE hat! Don't eat it! ! ! :eek: ...unless it's gussied up with some herbs and spices first. :hungry: :zany:
hah I'm just sayin' sorry I really do dislike the way todays stars are and i'm not alone, so many bad role models so little time.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, while I agree that they are not all talentless, I have used the words talentless hacks myself when describing people particularly on this channel. But they are not all bad and out of control kids either, but I can't defend nor stand up for anybody at the seem time. But not all of their careers will last forever and it's not all due to lack of talent either.

But the reason so many kids are fans and even obsessed with some of these people is based on the fact that it's purlly based upon marketing alone rather then talent. I mean if you market anything to death, kids will like it for fifteen minutes and then the next thing will always come along as what their marketing is very much disposable and forgotten about. And it's kind of sad in a way because some of these kids try to paint themselves as legitimate artist or what ever and or either not taken seriously or because their day in the sun as come and left them or they end up going backwards and having to earn it like anybody else and the don't have their nice hype machine behind them and there built in fan base they once had has "out grown" them

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:insatiable: Disney’s tween stars are artificially colored and corn syrup sweetened product. They can be a treat, but with little nutritional value to them. Who knows their actual value until they have left the Disney machine? That’s not to say the company is bad – they give young hopefuls a start. After that it’s up to them.

:rolleyes: I couldn’t make it through the original High School Musical. It just seemed like a watered-down Grease rip-off with forgettable overly-dubbed songs, but that stuff isn’t meant for me. It’s more of a kid’s show. I don’t really agree with that sort of focus-group entertainment, but it’s harmless fun for kids and it rakes in the cash. The Muppets never had to speak down to any audience to entertain. Neither have the traditional Disney animated films.

I wish they would raise the bar, but to be honest – they really don’t have to. MTV doesn’t play music videos, Disney Channel doesn’t play cartoons and all the cable news channels have become tabloid infotainment. It’s the culture. I dare not blame the Disney kids for any of it. Theirs is a short contribution to that machine until they gain the clout to make better choices.

:wink: Again, I just hope the Muppets are visiting this demographic to make new fans rather than becoming part of the junk food filling. Even if they dabble a little bit, Segel’s movie will snap them right back to where they belong.

petrieboy

Reaction score
Yeh... I keep hearing about this MILEY CYRUS girl. Everyday. Every freakin' day. I learned 2 weeks ago that she is the daughter of Billy Ray, whom I only know for his "Boot Scoot Boogie" song. I hadn't heard a single song from Miley Cyrus, until I looked on MuppetCentral and heard "GNO" or something like that. Is that a clue as to what has sold out hundreds of concerts, and spun America for a loop? If so, "you've" all been had. What crap.

PS. Frank Oz's Miss Piggy had an often lovely singing voice, particularly in the 1980s. This new Piggy's singing voice needs singing lessons. From the gut... not from the throat. From the esophagus... not from the snuffleupagus!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Sweet and syrupy. that is the way I used to feel about some of NKOTB's songs way back when, lol! But I think you used the perfect word when you aid it was "Focus grouped". And depending on how you choose to look at it, it can be harmless. But like you said to muhc junk food can be a bad thing. And I would agree with you that the current culture were living it is completely devoid of just that... Culture.

I mean it inst their fault that they eat up and spit kinds out kids "Ad nauseam". Plus, you can't stay young forever. But yeah, I beman, I know that these stars will bring in ratings for this special, but I hope that it isn't just an excuses to watch their favorite Disney channel stars. I mean would the Muppets even be able to hold their own this channel t this point?

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I think that's what annoys me the most I just can't escape Miley Cyrus i don't like her and that's fine and all but the girls like pretty much shoved down everyones throats here in america. oi!

Status
Not open for further replies.