New Muppet Youtube videos

MWoO

Reaction score
Wow that was really cool! I think Rowlf is makeing an awsom comeback! The part i loved the most was Rizzo running that was pupptery at its fineset!

Yeah that was really good. I wonder how they did that.

Edit: I just compared Jim Henson's Rowlf to Bill's and they are actually nearly identical in sound. I think if bobo had never existed I'd be much more excepting of Rowlf.

Luke

Reaction score
I think the voice is great, Bobo always did sound a little bit like Rowlf. I agree he's playing it a little too dumb but then thats the writer not Bill.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I think the voice is great, Bobo always did sound a little bit like Rowlf. I agree he's playing it a little too dumb but then thats the writer not Bill.
Will i have to partly disagree with you. I worte Jim Lewis and asked him about the video. He said that Bill really did a lot with the video. So I don't know cause I wansn't there but I think that with Rowlf he is just going to have to find his place once again.

MWoO

Reaction score
It sounded like it was a lot of improv to me. Bill usually improves his characters as dumb. Look at his top 3. Pepe, Bob, and Jonny. All dull witted. pepe is the brightest of the bunch, but he usually comes off as dumb, usually through a misunderstanding. Not to say he isn't funny, but Rowlf isn't a dumb character.

Rowlf cracks jokes, he doesn't make himself the joke.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Give Bill and the writers time Rowlf really hasn't been used well since 1990, so there are going to be some bumps in the road.

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
... okay, I think Prawnie and I are psychics. We just somehow knew that Rizzo was gonna talk Rowlf into riding a skateboard. Of course, there wasn't that push down the hill... but there was that crash in the end that I pictured. XP

Luke

Reaction score
Will i have to partly disagree with you. I worte Jim Lewis and asked him about the video. He said that Bill really did a lot with the video. So I don't know cause I wansn't there but I think that with Rowlf he is just going to have to find his place once again.
Well if Bill was the writer he is to blame then hehe, but yeah, these things are always usually scripted, they hardly ever totally ad-lib it, especially not with the kind of shots where you've got Rowlf on a skateboard and Rizzos feet skating ... very intricate.

I didn't know whether it was the Muppeteers actually writing them or this new production company brought in - from what Steve said in his interview they had a lot more input than usual tho.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Yes, Rowlf is a quick witted character, but I don't think that making him uncomfortable skateboarding is an uncharacteristic choice.

I think it was awesome seeing interaction between Rizzo and Rowlf. These are characters who are not typically seen together, but I think they complemented each other pretty well.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Just saw this - ROWLF! That is all I have to say. ROWLF! So excited to see ROWLF!

And that is all. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yes, Rowlf is a quick witted character, but I don't think that making him uncomfortable skateboarding is an uncharacteristic choice.
Agreed. he came off more reluctant (and wouldn't you be?) than dumb to me. But for us to really get the feel of Rowlf, I think we need to see him a lot more.