Petition to Bring The Muppet Show to TVLand?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I don't see it happening, I mean it seems to me, if Disney knew their was a demand for the reruns I think they would be more likely to show it on a channel they own, such as ABC Family or such, although as mention by someone esle in this thread, Disney does air some Warner Bros cartoons like Batman and Superman.

Plus online petition don't really do much anyway.

I would rather see all the seasons on DVD rather than TV myself.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Why not? they're brigning over Scrubs (for no frikkin reason, especially since it works better on Comedy Central anyway) and that's owned by Disney.

I don't see them doing so with the muppet show, but Even Toon Disney airs Warner Brothers cartoons...
Oh I agree with you on that one, that show also airs on "The N"

Other shows that get too much airtime are "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" and George Lopez

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ignoring the fact that TV Land and The Muppets are owned by two totally different companies, I think the last thing Disney wants is for the Muppets to look like an old nostalgic franchise, what with the recent TV appearances and the upcoming Almost Live special. It would be a bad publicity move.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Come on everybody Go sign it, on tvland.com No-one has but 1 person.
Dude sorry but I don't think it's going to happen.

I mean think about it. I'm a huge Disney fan let me stated that right off the bat. But Disney is a company that likes to make it's money. And part of the reason the Muppet Show DVDs have made so much money is because the show isn't being aired on TV right now. So you really think they will throw all that money away by letting the show be aired for free on TV Land, I don't think so, :sympathy:.

Plus as mention, TV Land and the Muppet show are owned by two different companies, if TV Land were to try to get the Muppet Show on their channel, they would have to pay Disney some big money. I mean, as much as I hate to say this, probably not enough veiwers to payoff for how much they would probably have to pay Disney.

I understand where you're coming from, bro, but I'm not signing nothing. Personally I would rather have this show on DVD.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Plus as mention, TV Land and the Muppet show are owned by two different companies, if TV Land were to try to get the Muppet Show on their channel, they would have to pay Disney some big money. I mean, as much as I hate to say this, probably not enough veiwers to payoff for how much they would probably have to pay Disney.
Once again, Scrubs is owned by Disney. Touchtone, actually, but definately Disney. The ownership of a TV show doesn't equal the ownership of a network. Toon Disney airs a lot of Warner Brothers shows from the 90's. So doesn't Nick.

I don't see it happening for a different reason.

But frankly, the show needs to be reran somewhere. Disney isn't going to do it. Not with the toxic waste dump they turned ABC Family into, not on the Tweencentric Disney Channel, and clearly not ABC. TV Land seems to be the only place to put it. With a million cable networks, you'd think it would fit in with ONE of them.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Once again, Scrubs is owned by Disney. Touchtone, actually, but definately Disney. The ownership of a TV show doesn't equal the ownership of a network. Toon Disney airs a lot of Warner Brothers shows from the 90's. So doesn't Nick.

I don't see it happening for a different reason.

But frankly, the show needs to be reran somewhere. Disney isn't going to do it. Not with the toxic waste dump they turned ABC Family into, not on the Tweencentric Disney Channel, and clearly not ABC. TV Land seems to be the only place to put it. With a million cable networks, you'd think it would fit in with ONE of them.
Yeah, I know Disney shows Warner Bros cartoons, but although Warner Bros and Disney are at heads, they also always have had a working realationship since "Who Framed Roger Rabbit." Disney airs Batman and Superman on their Jetix line-up and Nightmare Before Christmas has aired on TBS :batty:. That's what I mean, it's Viacom and Disney (at least as far as I know) doesn't have a working realationship.

Plus I also thought, I'm not sure if TV Land would even want to air the Muppet Show. TV land is owned by the same company as Nick, and the Muppet Show did use to air on Nick. But I guess it didn't bring in the numbers they were thinking it would, so they put it on Nick JR. Nick JR!:eek:. I guess the thinking being, well it's Muppets preschools will like it. So I don't think this company would want it on TV land, since that's aimed more towards adults and they don't seem to look at the Muppet show as an adult show. But to be fair that was a long time ago, maybe they can have a change of heart.

Like I said I would rather see the all seasons come on DVD, rather than rerun on any network. If it does rerun we also wouldn't get to see thoes UK only skits.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I mean, as much as I hate to say this, probably not enough veiwers to payoff for how much they would probably have to pay Disney.
I would have to dispute that claim if you will. I actually think it would garner interest and boost ratings for them even.