What do you really want to see from the Classic Muppets?

Drtooth

Reaction score
As long as we stay FAR FAR away from the Nipple joke from Oz, we should be fine.

There's a fine line between humor of the disturbed, and things that are flat out disturbing.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I first want to say that yes it would be great to get the Muppet Babies at least on DVD, and at the most there own new show. I think though it is going to take some time for that to happen. I think that what Disney is trying to do right now in Re- intorduce the classic Muppet show Muppets. Now some of the things they have done may not have been in the best interest for the Muppets (Mostly Oz even though I personaly liked it) The Muppets need to get better grounded, and then we would be more likely to see Disney work on the other proporties it bought from Henson. Bear and the Muppet babies.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Technically, Disney co-owned Bear the entire time it was aired, whereas The Muppets (and their baby counterparts) were solely the property of Henson until the deal was finalized.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
But it's still aired on Disney Channel.
I still think Bear should have gotten his own movie. I guess there's just more money in the DVD market.

One thing I would like to see from the Muppets eventually is a crisp new transfer of The Muppet Movie on Blu-ray. Some of the newer ones are coming inside this beautiful slim booklet casing. I'd also want all the special features (the format can hold a lot), commentary, featurettes etc. I'm sure Disney would want to start with Treasure Island or Carol first, but I feel they should start with TMM.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
So? MB aired on Nick, too. But did that mean Nick owned the series? No. It merely meant that the show was aired on the station for viewing purposes.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I really want to see a DVD of the Muppets at Disneyworld :big_grin:!

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Me too, me too! And why wouldn't Disney want to put out something that was basically one big commercial for them? :wink: