Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 39

FatBlueMuppet

Reaction score
a little sad about the lack of classic inserts and stuff, but i get it. 1. w/ HD it would look really weird to have 16:9 street stories and then get a whole bunch postage stamped 4:3 inserts in between.
2. ALSO, considering that the show get so much flak from parents nowadays for too much recycling of classic stuff and looking too old-fashioned (did you know that a lot of people don't know that sesame street still makes new episodes?)... i can tell that sesame street is trying to update its image. sucks for us that like the classic stuff, but considering that the main audience are the new parents, i guess it's understandable.
I know exactly what your'e saying! I too am very upset that theyr'e not using many classic clips at all anymore. For years they would always put a fair share of both new and old clips in every episode, and I always liked it that way. But now their main focus is the new material. And the older stuff they do show isn't anything i'd consider "classic" just an animation or film here and there from 15 years ago or less. Today's episode wasn't very good at all. The entire plot took place in that new Laundromat. And the only charachters we got where Abby, Chris and Elmo. Why not have Grover, or Bert or someone pop up to help Chris look for his sock? Why does it always have to be the overused charachters? I really loved the first 24 years of Sesame Street the best, and am not happy at all with the direction the show is going in. Last Season they started to revert back to their old ways again, but I guess the episodes didn't test out well with the kids of today. Which is why they're doing Season 39 the way they are. Who knows tho, mabye we'll get a few surprizes this year.

Redsonga

Reaction score
My first reaction was "Yay the Laundromat, everyone will be at the Laundromat!"
..and everyone wasn't at the Laundromat :stick_out_tongue:. They could have even have Bert playing the "what's with all the singing?" character, or had Harry monster or Cookie in the background eating soap and then hiccuping bubbles but no..*sigh* :frown:
But I liked Murray :big_grin:!
sucks for us that like the classic stuff, but considering that the main audience are the new parents, i guess it's understandable.
Not all the parents agree that the newer format is better, I know quite a few that don't think so..it's just the ones that they screened, but there is a history of thinking a small group counts for everyone with SS :stick_out_tongue:.

did you know that a lot of people don't know that sesame street still makes new episodes?)
In the same way SS should not be blamed for some people not caring enough to check up on what is doing more, a lot of those people don't have kids (of their own or ones they look after) or very active inner childs (which is very sad IMHO, but not SSs fault :frown:)

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, I think it may be on every other episode or something. I think it should alternate with Murray had a little Lamb... but we won't know what else is going on until the rest of the season airs.
I thought those two segments were alternating. But then again. I didn't see the inserts on today's ep or Monday's so I'm a little behind. Still, I think it would be a good idea. It worked a few years ago when they alternated "Hero Guy" and "Global Grover."

My first reaction was "Yay the Laundromat, everyone will be at the Laundromat!"
..and everyone wasn't at the Laundromat :stick_out_tongue:. They could have even have Bert playing the "what's with all the singing?" character, or had Harry monster or Cookie in the background eating soap and then hiccuping bubbles but no..*sigh*
Yeah. Heck, I haven't even seen Leela yet. You'd think she'd appear in an ep focused on the laundromat where she works.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Yeah. Heck, I haven't even seen Leela yet. You'd think she'd appear in an ep focused on the laundromat where she works.
She barely got three or four lines when she appeared in the premiere; you'd think a new human character deserved a better introduction.

InvaderZim

Reaction score
Interesting to see varied letter of the day/number of the day segments instead of the season 33-36 Cookie/Prairie Dawn segments.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... Patience young seedlings... Leela will have tomorrow's episode all to herself.

BeckyDR

Reaction score
Also, another little translation correction.
"Sapo" is applied indiscriminantly to frogs. But in truth, "frog" is "rana" in Spanish, "sapo" is actually the Spanish word for "toad". The more earth-dwelling habits of the toad is what separates the two in both languages.
jajaja exactamente :wink:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Episode: 4163 Sock Chaos at the Laundromat

This street scene was really great today. I really enjoyed having more of Chris and Abby and those socks were funny. It's was neat to see Elmo actually come in and say "Abby you were to meet me at the park?" Cool to only see Elmo just a few minutes.

Cool Bert and Ernie's Great Adventure. I thought i was going to see another one from the "Count the Sports" DVD But it was one that isn't on this episode.

Pretty much everything else was alright. Wait till tomorrow to see the newest one.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
a little sad about the lack of classic inserts and stuff, but i get it. 1. w/ HD it would look really weird to have 16:9 street stories and then get a whole bunch postage stamped 4:3 inserts in between.
2. ALSO, considering that the show get so much flak from parents nowadays for too much recycling of classic stuff and looking too old-fashioned (did you know that a lot of people don't know that sesame street still makes new episodes?)... i can tell that sesame street is trying to update its image. sucks for us that like the classic stuff, but considering that the main audience are the new parents, i guess it's understandable.
I didn't notice that, but I think I can understand. Still it would be nice to see a mixture of old and new to statisfy all fans of the show. :frown: