Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 39

ISNorden

Reaction score
Also, another little translation correction.
"Sapo" is applied indiscriminantly to frogs. But in truth, "frog" is "rana" in Spanish, "sapo" is actually the Spanish word for "toad". The more earth-dwelling habits of the toad is what separates the two in both languages.
Even though the little Spanish I know is limited to the words I picked up from Sesame Street, I too spotted that "frog" mistake...because I'd heard Kermit called "Rene Rana" on Plaza Sésamo, and knew that the Brazilian version changed Kermit to a toad because of grammar problems. (In Portuguese, apparently, the word for "frog" is feminine--which the producers saw as clashing with Kermit's maleness. Since Portuguese and Spanish are closely related, I assumed that sapo meant "toad" in both languages.)

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
There's probably a new audience every year as well as those who watched it the year before.

I highly doubt there's any particular time when you get a whole new audience.
I'm just quoting when the workshop said. That is a new show every three years or so because it's a totally new audience.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Anyway. I loved yesterdays episode. It was better then the day before but not was good as the first one over all to me. Love How the Lady doing her Laundry was freaked out By Chris's song and Abby magic and the singing socks! Love Cris in this episode again as he always awesome! Loved how all the socks were chasing chis home in the end! Really Loved Murray today as he is always great! Loved seeing Big Bird, Sunffy and Rosita announcing the letter and number of the day! Liked how Elmo's world corresponded with the Action elephant skit. Love the ending how Big Bird and Snuffy made enough bird seed to get birdseed milkshakes in the end. Loved Elmo's cameo in the main story! Over all another great episode!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I loved yesterday's episode too! The ending reminded me of older SS episodes, where the human cast member would be stuck with whatever problem the Muppet gave them.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I loved yesterday's episode too! The ending reminded me of older SS episodes, where the human cast member would be stuck with whatever problem the Muppet gave them.
Yeah! I miss those days too, hehe!:big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Today's review.

Episode 4164: Leela's Sesame Street Video.
Air Date: August 14 2008.
Season: Season 39.
Sponsors: O, 8.
Word on the Street: Compliment.
Street Story.
Letter of the Day presentation with Cookie Monster and Prairie Dawn embedded into the street story, nice.
Cookie Monster sounded like when he showed up on the Colbert Report.
Song: Say Cheese.
Celebrity Word Explanation: Heidi Klum and Elmo talk about "compliment".
Song: All Dressed Up.
Letter of the Day: Big Bird gets a letter in the mail, the letter O.
Unknown: O Chanting.
Song: Somebody Say 'O'!
Murray Has a Little Lamb: Going to Music School.
Mmm, soft pretzel with spicy mustard.
Instrumental Film: Brother John.
Muppets: "Friends", sung by Abby, Rosita and Zoe.
Film: Training Dolphins.
Number of the Day: The Count presents today's lottery drawing, the winning number is... 8.
Must be the Transylvanian State Lottery.
Animation/Song: It's the Number 8.
Film: Kids counting 8 apples.
Global Grover: Indian-American Family, Playing Carum (SP?).
Song: Count Me In.
Muppets: The Twiddlebugs take their family picture.
Elmo's World: Cameras.
Leela presents Muppet letter and number sponsors, with a sort of apology from Cookie Monster.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
My thoughts on the new episode:

The Goods
-The was a good street scene. Nice to Prairie on the street; I hope we'll see more of her this season. Oscar's "helping" was classic! Cookie was also funny
-Thought it was a repeat from last season, the "Friends" song was cute.
-The Count's lottery was a nice spin (pun intended) on the standard Count Number of the Day
-Nice to see that Global Grover bit, since it only aired once before
-Nice to see the Twidelbug camera skit complete witht eh Ernie ending, which was cut out last year
-Did anyone else notice that they've started using more scene transitions, like the street scene shank inward on the next segment, and that segment sort of swung off to the side for the Hidi Klum and Elmo segment.
-Also, did anyone else notice that the laundromat looks small from the outside, but it's largeon the inside?

The Bads:
-Some skits I'm tired of seeing every season: "Count Me In" and the Colorful birds (I like the animation though)

theprawncracker

Reaction score
"Nothing says 'Sesame Street' like an eight-foot bird singing the alphabet."

Gee, ain't that the truth! I'm really enjoying this episode! *goes back to watching it*

Redsonga

Reaction score
I'm just quoting when the workshop said. That is a new show every three years or so because it's a totally new audience.
Well, not everyone goes away from SS after three years you know so it really isn't :sympathy:

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I must say Leela's opening show was just classic SS at work, I mean even :grouchy:moment was funny and predictable.

Just Classic SS, although :insatiable: coming in was kind of expected, but it was also great to see him again.

Although is it just me or did Cookie's voice sounded a little different than usual on today's show ?