Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 39

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone else think the games were biased? One competition was for female birds, and the other was for ones that spoke human speak.

But the real exciting segment was "Are you Smarter than an Egg Layer?" they even riffed on Foxworthy's comedy routine. "You know you're a game show contestant when all you can say is 'WOO'!" And that contestant was an idiot... "I remember it from chemistry... it has something to do with hydrogen!" Personally, I'm not a fan of his comedy or this show of his, but this was a hilarious skit anyway... ending with a terrible pun as well.

I did like the Ernie and Bert bit, but I don't like the reused "Taxi" joke. I wish they phrased it as "They have taxis in the arctic?" "Sure, Bert! Arctic Taxis" would have worked much better.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
So you're saying the Fix It Shop was seen this season?

Forgive me for being naive. I really haven't seen a lot of new eps. My local station is usually airing them on afternoons when I need to be at work. I'm really getting behind with the new season.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
So you're saying the Fix It Shop was seen this season?
Not really. IN the cheerleader episode, Maria walk by the laundromat and claim she had to fix some thing and wen further down the street. so we can assume it's moved down the street somewhere.

ISNorden

Reaction score
V, the Letter V-is this one from a earlier season?
I assume you mean the one with the V getting drawn with draftsman's equipment, then cut from purple construction paper. If you do, then that clip is at least a year old: I've spotted it in some Season 38 shows.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Not really. IN the cheerleader episode, Maria walk by the laundromat and claim she had to fix some thing and wen further down the street. so we can assume it's moved down the street somewhere.
Yeah. That's possible. Or maybe Maria and Luis are doing house calls now or working from home. As long as their still employed. Lol. I guess we'll just keep our eyes open. Again, it's kind of hard for me since I haven't seen a lot of new eps. But I'll catch them when I have the time. Thanks for that info.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Only seven more episodes are left to finish off SST's 39th season.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Due to my jerk-off little brother changing the channel while I was taping yesterday's episode, I can only give a partial review.

The Goods:
-Nice Big Bird plot! It's a shame Carrol can't dance, otherwise BB would've been better in that dance contest.
-Liked seeing the "Dance Like a Penguin" song again. It's one of the better celebrity cop-outs we've had this season.
-Another cute E&b Adventure.

The Bads:
-None from what I saw, except that Bird on Me remake.