Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 39

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Due to my jerk-off little brother changing the channel while I was taping yesterday's episode, I can only give a partial review.

The Goods:
-Nice Big Bird plot! It's a shame Carrol can't dance, otherwise BB would've been better in that dance contest.
-Liked seeing the "Dance Like a Penguin" song again. It's one of the better celebrity cop-outs we've had this season.
-Another cute E&b Adventure.

The Bads:
-None from what I saw, except that Bird on Me remake.
I caught the re-airing this morning, so here the rest:

The Goods cont'd:
-"Are Your Smarter Than an Egg Layer?" was hilarious! I like how dumb the contestant was and that each chicken had it's own distinct personality. Plus, those puns like "Grade A or B Eggs" and "a million bocks"
-The ending with Rosita and the V/11 reminded me of Ernie's 12/21 poem.

The bads cont'd:
-There weren't many non-letter/number segments.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Elmo was sort of annoying today for some reason...maybe the mineitus storyline spoiled me with a bigger plot..I like to see the whole cast around more :smile:

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I found it kind of odd for :grouchy: helping out in the Mine-itis cure, given that he never helps out anyone unless there is a reason for it.

I almost thought of it as everyone woke up on the wrong side of the Bed considering Grover's mood and :insatiable: acting like himself, but until I saw Maria and Lewis acting up, then something must have been wrong.

Still Leela asked a good question as of why a grouch disease affecting everyone who isn't a grouch ?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
My thoughts on Mine-Its

The Goods:
-Good plot. Nice to see a huge SS cast in one episode. And I liked seeing Bob. I wonder why he's been so scarce. Plus, it was good to see Cookie, since he's been making only cameos this season (sans the upcoming Cookie Touch episode). You think Huxly from EIG had Mine-Its? And I loved Alan's "MINE!" chants!
-Nice to see more Cecille. I wish they would show the other two, since we've been seeing the same three for three seasons now
-The Elmo/Abby skit was cute, especially the Pumpkin with Bert's hair

The Bads:
-Yeah, Brain Williams was a tad annoying
-Most of the reused stuff in this were one's I don't really like, like the Jump Up bit

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
You think Huxly from EIG had Mine-Its? And I loved Alan's "MINE!" chants!
Lol. Reading this I thought of Huxley's song where he labels everything mine (eg. Old Atari, New Ferrari). Maybe the whole Mine-itis thing came from him, being at the top of the grouchland "Food Chain" if you will.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Aww, I missed the Mine-Itis episode! Does anyone know when it will re-air?