Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 39

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Did you get that info from Maria's part in the cheerleading episode or has it actually been shown? Not trying to be annoying here, just curious. Lol.
Well you can see it from certain angles on some episodes. You can see in in the Mine-I-tis episode.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Okay. I didn't see the Mine-itis episode yet but whenever I do, I keep a look out for that.

I saw the Denny the Distracter ep today. (That's what's nice about me seeing episodes so late each season. It helps us to keep these threads going.) So that was Gilbert Gottfried. I haven't really seen him since after "Hollywood Squares." I was wondering what he was up to. It was also good to see Guy Smiley, though I have to admit that the voice wasn't quite right. Was that Eric Jacobson? I guess he's better with Frank Oz characters then with Jim Henson characters. Steve Whitmire might have been a bit better there. Anyway, just thought I'd post my thoughts on that.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Bob hasn't appeared in season 39-hope he'll be seen in 4186.
Wow. I didn't know about that. (No complaints on this topic please.) Is 4186 scheduled for next season? Production numbers really confuse me. Lol.

Telly: "I'll never never never get it." Almost a Don Music reference too.
Yeah. They probably did have Don in mind when they wrote that line. I was wondering about what happened with the end getting cut off. I thought that it was a problem that my local station was having, but I guess it wasn't just me. Maybe they couldn't come up with a good ending for that ep so they just reused some old footage and edited it so the letter and number match the episode. Kind of strange.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Answering a few questions.

1 Bob was seen in Season 39, in Episode 4181, the Mine-Itis episode.
2 Episode 4186 is indeed part of Season 39, that was the season finale.

Hope this helps.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Wow! You're fast, Count. I just posted that about ten minutes ago. Another reason for me to check out the Mine-itis episode whenever my local station plays that one. Thanks for the info.

BTW, Sillyred in response to your post, I think it's best that Abby wasn't used quite as much this year. Sometimes it seemed like she was taking over the show the way Elmo did. I think it's best if she is just like one of the group rather than a main character who appears in every episode. Nothing against Abby. Just my opinion.

Drtooth

Reaction score
BTW, Sillyred in response to your post, I think it's best that Abby wasn't used quite as much this year. Sometimes it seemed like she was taking over the show the way Elmo did. I think it's best if she is just like one of the group rather than a main character who appears in every episode. Nothing against Abby. Just my opinion.

I think that last season was the most of Abby we've seen so far. The first season she was introduced, she was in 3 episodes... the next one, she was in every episode... but a lot of it was inserted stuff (her word song,and closing the show specifically). This year I think they almost had the right balance... she had a lot of segments with other characters (mainly Elmo) and a few main street episodes. They almost had it, but they really need to make her the character who pops up halfway through the story, says, "I can use my magic to help," and then messes up and leaves the story completley... sort of how Mumford was used a bunch pf seasons back...

Though, to be fair, she did have that almost sort of a movie thingy, and he's on half the SS merchandise. They want to make the character big, but after 3 years, they're still trying to work the bugs out. Almost there...

That said, Elmo was used a lot this year, but compaired to previous years, not as much. Kevin must REALLY be busy nowadays... We only got 2 new Elmo's Worlds out of 26 episodes...

Redsonga

Reaction score
I really think both Elmo and Abby need to be toned down, they are nearly running SS on the muppet level IMHO :\. I would love to see (I know, I know, 'SS isn't for you' but a girl can dream can't she?) a whole street story that focused on Big Bird or Snuffy for once..or maybe even Grover..after all, he's not that much older than them..and..and..he's fuzzy :3

ISNorden

Reaction score
I, for one, liked Leela's intro episode best: it had plenty of Muppet supporting cast in the main story, but the real focus was on a human character (pretty rare today) and on the Street as a whole (even rarer). The references appealed to both preschool children (Prairie trying to stop Cookie Monster) and nostalgic adults (Leela's remark that "[n]othing says 'Sesame Street' like an eight-foot bird singing the alphabet"). If the Workshop could keep writing plots that balanced most of Sesame Street's highlights that way--I'd bet that it would last another ten seasons at least! :smile:

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I really think both Elmo and Abby need to be toned down, they are nearly running SS on the muppet level IMHO :\. I would love to see (I know, I know, 'SS isn't for you' but a girl can dream can't she?) a whole street story that focused on Big Bird or Snuffy for once..or maybe even Grover..after all, he's not that much older than them..and..and..he's fuzzy :3
Yeah, where has Grover been lately, same with Prarie Dawn. I don't see why there isn't more Grover, He is probably one of the funniest SS characters. To see more of him would be great:super:!