Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 39

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to Muppet Central. The guest celebrity featured in Episode 4176's Word on the Street Explanation segment was Patrick Warberton. He's very well known for his animation voice work, most notedly Cronk from Disney's The Emperor's New Groo.
Not to mention Joe Swanson on 'Family Guy' and Principal Steve Barkin on 'Kim Possible.' I actually missed that SS ep. It was supposed to air on my local station last Saturday, but they played the shoe fairy ep instead. Seems like the online TV listings are still pretty screwed up. Lol.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
The guest celebrity featured in Episode 4176's Word on the Street Explanation segment was Patrick Warberton. He's very well known for his animation voice work.
Aside from his voice work, Warburton also appears on camera -- he played Elaine's recurring boyfriend David Puddy on Seinfeld, appeared in the titular role of the live action The Tick series, played Hymie the robot in 2008's Get Smart, and currently stars in the CBS sitcom Rules of Engagement.

dinoboy

Reaction score
MY thoughts and questions of the show

What happend to Maria? I haven't seen her lately on the show, and I miss her. I think that the fix it shop has been replaced with a laudromat with a new woman who is in charge. Could she be the new Maria of Sesame Street? I figure that they might have her featured in some fast motion skits with another cast member attempting to put together pieces of a letter of the alphabet, or doing something similar. Probably not, but just a thought.
I've noticed that Allan is nolonger the owner of Hooper's Store and that another younger guy has taken over. I get a kick of watching the claymation adventures of Bert and Ernie's adventures. And as for the Murry has a little lamb skits, it's educational, and sometimes I notice that people nearby often pass by and see the live filmig of the show, smile and point. I betcha the producer or director yells at them angrily to get them away from the scene while filming it. I'd hate to be in that situation if I was walking in NYC and saw them filming a new clip for the show. Then again, they have to get your signature on a paper or something for permission to air the scene with you in it if they film you walking by in the background.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
You clearly haven't seen the whole season. Maria is still appearing in the street scenes and NO, Chris isn't taking over Hooper's. Alan's been in numerous episodes this year. It's just that we've been seeing Chris more often.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
What happend to Maria? I haven't seen her lately on the show, and I miss her. I think that the fix it shop has been replaced with a laudromat with a new woman who is in charge. Could she be the new Maria of Sesame Street? I figure that they might have her featured in some fast motion skits with another cast member attempting to put together pieces of a letter of the alphabet, or doing something similar. Probably not, but just a thought.
I've noticed that Allan is nolonger the owner of Hooper's Store and that another younger guy has taken over. I get a kick of watching the claymation adventures of Bert and Ernie's adventures. And as for the Murry has a little lamb skits, it's educational, and sometimes I notice that people nearby often pass by and see the live filmig of the show, smile and point. I betcha the producer or director yells at them angrily to get them away from the scene while filming it. I'd hate to be in that situation if I was walking in NYC and saw them filming a new clip for the show. Then again, they have to get your signature on a paper or something for permission to air the scene with you in it if they film you walking by in the background.
Good thoughts, but Maria does still appear quite often. Susan and Bob are the ones we see less frequently. As for the Fix-It Shop, it has been seen a few times this season, but only from certain angles. I am hoping we'll see Maria at work a few times next season. About the laundromat, I have noticed we see Leela there, more often than we see Maria at the Fix-It-Shop. I guess since she's a new character they are giving her more airtime. I see what you're saying about Hooper's though. It does seem like Chris is seen working there more often than Alan, but as far as I know Alan still owns the place. Chris is just an employee. B & E's Great Adventures are okay, but I would like to see more of the puppet versions of the characters, either in new skits or old skits. Hopefully, they'll have some of those next season too.

By the way, on a new subject. I finally saw the Pat Waburton clip. I could see him interacting more with the Muppets. I can totally hear him shouting:

'SUPER GROVER, I NEED PANTS!'

In case you don't get that, I'm referring to a line he once had on 'Kim Possible.' : )

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I haven't been able to catch this season, I had to go to school. But I have watched clips of it on YouTube. Judging from the cilps I saw, it seems like it was a pretty good season. I'll be sure to catch reruns of it during the summer.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I mainly saw the first few episodes of the season, but it was good. it took awhile tog et used to the HD format (which resulted in alot of editing styles and camera angles that I'm not used to sseeing on Sesame Street). The 1234 parody was great, as were Murray Has a Litle Lamb and Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures.

It is interesting that leela's debut episode didn't properly introduce her. When's the last time a human cast member was introduced without an introductory episode?

it was also a bit interesting that the letter and number of the day segments usually had something to do with each other. I wonder if they'll ever be repeated in future seasons.

RyGuy

Reaction score
I have an interesting question. One of the things I've noticed in watching SS through the years is that people seldom finish a converstation without being interrupted. You always see a muppet walk by and interrupt . has SS ever discussed waiting your turn to talk with a person. They have talked about turn-taking in the context of playing games and sharing toys. But I don't think they have ever had a skit where they've waited for a turn to talk to someone . . How about a currculum dealing with social skills and manners for season 41 .

ISNorden

Reaction score
I have an interesting question. One of the things I've noticed in watching SS through the years is that people seldom finish a converstation without being interrupted. You always see a muppet walk by and interrupt . has SS ever discussed waiting your turn to talk with a person. They have talked about turn-taking in the context of playing games and sharing toys. But I don't think they have ever had a skit where they've waited for a turn to talk to someone . . How about a currculum dealing with social skills and manners for season 41 .

I vaguely remember a street scene from the 1970s in which Big Bird was scolded for interrupting a conversation between the adults...and of course, there have been sketches about listening to others and not talking too loudly. So yes, Sesame Street has dealt with social skills and manners before; it's a shame that their examples tend to use the same contexts (toys and games) over and over, though. As long as they don't give the topic the same preachy, heavy-handed treatment they used for nutrition and health before...I wouldn't mind seeing a broader treatment of social skills in Season 41, myself.