State of the Muppets - An Opinion

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well... yes and no. The Muppets and Nickelodeon have had a good relationship in the past but... quite honestly I don't think it would work today. The Muppets worked back then when Nick had shows like Doug and Clarrisa Explains It All--shows that both adults and kids could sit down and watch without thinking "WHY was there a fart joke?" I don't think the same can be said for today's Nick, unfortunately.

That... and Disney definitely won't let them. :stick_out_tongue:

I don't think there are that many fart jokes on Nick, with the exception of maybe fairyly odd parents. I just dissagree with ya nothing personal Ryan, but i feel good about Nick more so then Disney at times. The fact that Disney would never let the Muppets on Nick is something else that I kind of wish would change a little.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
It's not The Muppets, it's Disney. Disney keeps it shows to itself. ^_^

Redsonga

Reaction score
So to themselves that no one else can see them unless you pay money :stick_out_tongue:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Which is sad, because it could breed possible contempt, loathing, and emense dislike. Just like stereotypes could do. For example, the many stereotypes we guys in general are given by society (stereotypes that are put on display in a specific Tracy Byrd song) may not apply to each and every one of us, because each of us is his own person.

Frogster

Reaction score
LOL... I never said that TP thought they were dead, I just said that what they wrote kinda sums up how I feel. Besides, even if TP DID feel that way, they'd never say it; that's their responsibility to being a Muppet site. They can share their thoughts and musings, but they're not gonna do what I did, and completely denounce the Muppets.

And you're right, Frogboy... sometimes frankness isn't always the best route to go.

Sorry, fellow MC members, for my crass approach to how I feel about the Muppets. Some of what I said, I actually do wish I could take back. While I may not like what they're doin as a whole, I should respect them for trying. Not everything they've done since Jim passed stunk; I loved the Weezer video, the Muppets.com clips, and when Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo and Animal joined Horatio Sanz on SNL and sang "Christmas Is Number One."

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And just 'cause DC aired doesn't mean that it is the standard for new Muppet projects.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
So much Muppety goodness reported over at Muppet Newsflash today!

A real special about the election coming this year, a new Christmas special next year, Pepe's book, Piggy's book, the Muppets have a comic (and there will likely be the final two Muppet Show DVD releases) all leading up to a film in 2010!

Disney is making firm plans with the Muppets and bringing them back to what they were and are supposed to be. The Studio DC "Muppet-mercials", although not designed or promoted to be ratings darlings, will help get the Disney tweens interested so that they fuel some of the budget for all these goodies.

I suppose the time when Disney bloggers reporting about the closing of Muppet Vision in the parks and disinterest in the Muppets in general is over. I had faith in the frog and still do!

This goes beyond what I was expecting. It is a real push and Disney is backing the Muppets every step of the way.