State of the Muppets - An Opinion

Redsonga

Reaction score
But, there is so much to draw off in even the less good of movies..as long as the characters are themselves IMHO :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
And Lord knows, we need the characters to be themselves once more.
That is the key I think..It's not so much what they do as them being themselves as they do it that is the root of everything IMHO:smile:

Quesal

Reaction score
Geez! A lot of Venting in here. I have to say though that I tend to look at the bright side of things. Whether or not that's a good thing, I enjoyed Studio DC for what it was. The music was tolerable, The Electric Mayhem didn't need a double take from me to know that it was them, and I personally find Miley Cyrus and Ashley Tisdale quite cute. The only that bugged me was a reference to Fozzie Bear, but no actual appearance by him. But still I enjoyed it. I just know that you can't compete with the original. With Jim Henson gone, The Muppets can only be so much and only try to maintain their fame with whoever is willing to help 'em out; in this case Disney.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
That is the key I think..It's not so much what they do as them being themselves as they do it that is the root of everything IMHO:smile:
I mean, it's not the same if Kermit isn't hotheaded about getting everything in top order, if Miss Piggy isn't trying to satisfy her urge to become not only a bigger star but to finally get that frog to see what she's been seeing for years, if Gonzo ain't being a chicken-loving weird alien bent on sacrificing his own well-being for pure lunancy, if Fozzie ain't a poor excuse for a comedian to the point where two old codgers heckle him at every turn, etc.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I mean, it's not the same if Kermit isn't hotheaded about getting everything in top order, if Miss Piggy isn't trying to satisfy her urge to become not only a bigger star but to finally get that frog to see what she's been seeing for years, if Gonzo ain't being a chicken-loving weird alien bent on sacrificing his own well-being for pure lunancy, if Fozzie ain't a poor excuse for a comedian to the point where two old codgers heckle him at every turn, etc.
I just hope that they can become in tune with each character enough to keep them themselves for one thing to another :excited:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I can understand that people do not just become fans of the Muppets over night. But even for people that like them, if can still take time it fully appreciate them and everything they stand for.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I liked Studio DC Almost Live--the Muppets' part of it, anyway. I'm going to go post in the actual thread about it, though, and share my thoughts there.