Pre-Order Fraggle Rock: The Complete Series DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

getup

Reaction score
that's why i stated "i know it isn't included" i was just speculating on what would make me want to rebuy. When The OC complete series came out and i already had bought all 4 seasons, I decided the complete set would be better because they redid the first season in widescreen and the original first season was stupid full frame. Little things like that are what make me go hmmm

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But full screen--IMO--is better than watching film with those silly bars distracting you.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Putting a show that was full screen to began with into widescreen is a very bad idea :frown:.It just does not do anything good for the show at all...

Redsonga

Reaction score
Especially when it cuts parts off.
It has to, where as with something already in widescreen you are seeing the whole picture that would be cut off if it was made full screen. So both should really be kept as they were made IMHO:smile:.

As far as the black bars go with shows made in widescreen, when you have a widescreen tv you don't see them anymore, that is the whole point :excited:. But you can also set it to watch things in normal full screen to..I do that with most of everyday tv, because widescreen stretches edges something awful...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But some movies are just made with one setting (either just widescreen or just full-screen).

getup

Reaction score
and that's just the thing....A) the original broadcast was in widescreen but for some reason the first season dvd came out in fullscreen. B) it all comes down to the tv. i have a widescreen tv and watching a full screen dvd on a widescreen is just as annoying as black bars...which i don't mind by the way...i hate the picture looking squished.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
i have a widescreen tv and watching a full screen dvd on a widescreen is just as annoying as black bars
I'd rather the picture be squished than have parts cut off with annoying black bars providing a distraction. But then again, I have an old-school classic TV that's not widescreen.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I'd rather the picture be squished than have parts cut off with annoying black bars providing a distraction. But then again, I have an old-school classic TV that's not widescreen.
Well, as far as movies made in widescreen go those are showing the whole picture and not cutting anything :smile:.

Status
Not open for further replies.