Change of Heart

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
I think I may have located all of her fics, but thanks for the help anyway! ^-^

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Chapter Ten

Miss Piggy sat on her bed, still cradling the soft yellow blanket to her chest with one arm. She had a damp washcloth in her free hand, wiping the mud splashes from the puddles off her legs while the Muppets brought in her things. Her skirt had gotten dirty, too, but that was hardly a priority.

Funny, how priorities changed.

“The chair got a little wet in the rain, Miss Piggy, but I wiped it down for you,” Scooter said as he carried in a short wooden rocking chair. “Where would you like it?”

“By the nightstand, for now,” she said wearily, tossing the washcloth aside.

Fozzie set her suitcase down and hesitantly approached her. “What’s her name?” he asked, giving the blanket a curious look.

Miss Piggy smiled faintly, pulling back the edge of the blanket to let him see the pink little round face and the tiny wisp of dark hair. “Renana,” she said softly.

Fozzie leaned a little closer to smile and wave at the little baby girl. “Hi Renana,” he said softly.

Renana squirmed and let out a little squeak, her tiny snout bumping Miss Piggy’s blouse.

“I’m guessin’ this is the crib?” Rowlf asked, carrying a few panels of wooden poles into the room with Sweetums behind him carrying more poles and a wooden board.

“Mm-hm,” Miss Piggy said, moving to the rocking chair. She sat and began to rock, slow and gentle. “Just put it down somewhere…”

They set the crib parts down near her vanity. “You want some help putting it together?” Rowlf offered.

She shook her head. “She can’t use it for a little while yet…”

“Oh, right—body heat.” Rowlf nodded.

Renana squirmed a little. Miss Piggy rocked slowly, back and forth, back and forth, her eyes distant, her face blank. “Where’s Kermit?” she asked in a hollow voice.

They hesitated, on edge from her sudden change in demeanor. “He took Robin to the bookstore,” Fozzie said.

She nodded, slowly rocking.

“…Is there anything else we can get you, Piggy?” Scooter asked, glancing around.

“Privacy.”

They glanced at each other, and then Rowlf gave her a broad grin. “Well, we’ll do our best, but y’know how it is with us Muppets,” he said playfully. “C’mon, guys, let’s give ‘em some room.”

“Thank you,” Miss Piggy said softly, smiling faintly at them as Rowlf led them out and closed the door behind them.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~​

Robin laughed as he splashed through the puddles in his bright yellow rain coat and hat. “I like rain,” he said happily.

Kermit smiled at him, giving his umbrella a little twirl and lightly hugging the bag of new books against his trench coat. “Try not to get too dirty,” he gently advised.

“Is Miss Piggy home yet?” Robin asked as he hopped along the wet sidewalk.

Kermit gripped his umbrella a little tighter. “I don’t know,” he said mildly. “We’ll be there soon, though.”

“I wanna meet the new person,” Robin said. “Do you think it really is a baby, Uncle Kermit?”

Kermit listened to the raindrops on his umbrella. “We’ll see,” he said quietly.

“I hope it’s a baby,” Robin said. “Then I won’t be the only kid anymore! That’d be neat.”

Kermit smiled. “Well, if it is a baby, it’ll be a while before it can play,” he said gently. “It’ll mostly wanna sleep for a while. If it’s a baby.”

“Ohhh,” Robin said thoughtfully. “…So it’ll play with Zoot?”

Kermit did a small double take, and then shook his head as they mounted the porch steps to the Muppet Boarding House. “Home sweet home,” he said quietly, setting down the bag of books to shake the water off of his umbrella.

Robin picked up the bag, which was almost as big as he was, and hugged it to his chest as best he could. “Can we go in now? I wanna show Sweetums my new books!”

“Of course,” Kermit said, opening the front door. “But wipe your flippers…”

Robin impatiently wiped his flippers on the tattered welcome mat and darted forward, but Kermit put a hand on his shoulder.

“Your hat and coat, Robin,” he reminded the young frog, plucking the hat from the little head.

“Oh yeah.” Robin set down the bag of books and hurriedly wrestled out of his little yellow coat, which he handed to his uncle before grabbing the bag and darting off.

“Wait—well…” Kermit watched his nephew vanish up the stairs and shrugged. He would get his own book out of the bag in a few minutes. He hung up Robin’s hat and coat and began unbuttoning his own trench coat. “Hi-ho, everyone.”

“Hey Kermit.”

“Hi Kermit!”

“Hiya, Kermit.”

A glance around the room told him that there hadn’t been any relatively major damage, and that Miss Piggy was not in the room, nor was anyone he didn’t recognize. He swallowed hard as he slipped out of his coat. “Is Piggy here yet?” he asked hesitantly.

“Yeah!”

“She’s upstairs—“

“And it is a baby!”

“And she can’t put it down—“

“—Made us bring her stuff in—“

“Well we would have anyway—“

“—Can’t make her own heat—“

“—Really pretty cute—“

“—Name’s Renana!”

“—Brown hair—“

“—Raining, so—“

“—Furniture up, and—“

Kermit deciphered what he could, hung up his coat, shook his head at the continuing cacophony, and took a deep breath. “Thanks for the update, guys,” he said, entirely unheeded, and he gripped the banister as he quietly marched up the stairs.

Heart pounding in his chest, he turned and looked at her door. Another deep breath, and he knocked. “Piggy?” he called softly, hesitantly. “It—It’s Kermit. I—…Could I—“

“Come in,” he heard her wearily call.

He took a deep breath, turned the knob, and slipped into the room. “I, um—I’m sorry if I’m—“ He kept his eyes on the door as he closed it. “I—I mean, I—I don’t mean to, um—“ He looked at her.

She was breastfeeding.

“OH!” His hands flew up to shield his eyes and he looked away, then tried to look at her face, wanted to see the baby and caught himself staring, looked away, and tried to look in her face again in a cycle that repeated itself about once every second as he stuttered. “I—Sorry! I—I didn’t—know you were—I mean—I—um—I—“ He was fumbling for the doorknob. “Sorry! Sor—“

“Oh, please,” she sighed, her voice thickly laced with bitterness. “It’s not like you’re even interested, anyway.”

He froze and stared at her, his hand still on the knob, his mouth slightly open. He was interested! She was staring in his direction, but not really at him

She dropped her chin to her chest and burst into tears.

His jaw dropped, and he stared at her. “…P—…Piggy?” he said softly. Crying? Why was she crying? Her sobs yanked at his heart and beat at his head, and he crept closer to her, deeper into the room, closer to the rocking chair. “Piggy?” he said softly.

Her shoulders shook as she bawled. A glance at the baby that he hoped was respectfully brief told him that the piglet was entirely unperturbed by the tears.

Kermit gulped and stepped closer to her. “Piggy?” he said softly. His instinct was to comfort her, to pull her into his arms and hold her tight, to rock her gently and whisper something soothing until all the tears and tremors were gone… but he was far from certain of his present role in her life, or whether his comfort would even be welcome, or why exactly she needed comfort, and she did have the baby in her arms… and besides, holding her so tight would have been awkward with her blouse half-undone like that.

…But he could hardly just stand here while she cried!

He took a deep breath, stepped even closer, swallowed hard, and reached out to put his hand on her shoulder. All things considered, even that much contact felt… strange. “…It’ll be okay, Piggy,” he said softly. “It’ll be alright… You—You’re home now, and… We’re all—family…” He wondered if he was saying anything remotely helpful. “…It’ll be alright…”

She cried for a while before the tears and trembling slowly subsided. She did not look at him, keeping her eyes on the baby in her arms. “…I guess I have some explaining to do,” she whispered faintly.

He stared at her, his hand still on her shoulder, and swallowed hard. “…Yeah,” he said. “I guess so.”

She nodded grimly and took a deep breath.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wha huh? Ahrgh! Chappy! Baby! Muppet conversation confusion! Robin and Kermit in the rain! Books! Teary crying! Hand on shoulder! The erherm, well, Ima not gonna go into that bit of the story. Lisa! *Leaves number 19 cookie with plenty of raisins. Yes, they're raisins, I haven't been raiding the froggy cupboard Aunt Ru uses for her roomies. Trust me, I leave that to her. Post more!

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
*sniff* Such a sweet chapter. A whole lotta love in there.

Kermit smiled. “Well, if it is a baby, it’ll be a while before it can play,” he said gently. “It’ll mostly wanna sleep for a while. If it’s a baby.”

“Ohhh,” Robin said thoughtfully. “…So it’ll play with Zoot?”
... except for that part where it lost all seriousness. *still laughing* Like Zoot knows how to babysit! XD

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Great Chapter! Left me at the edge of my seat as always!

Hoping you post the next chapter soon before i explode over the anticipation

Dying to know what the explanation is

The zoot comment was great too!

Please post more soon!
:smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
YEEEEEEEES! ! ! Oh my GOSH! That was SO "Awwww" inducing! Is a little BABY! Aww! Is sad Piggy! Aww...

The Zoot line was SO funny! But my FAVORITE part... was Fozzie greeting the baby. SO Fozzie. I loved it! I must have mroe1 I need to hear Piggy's explanation!

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
Alright! New Chappie!

Great stuff, can't wait for Piggy's explanation.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
SQUEEEEELLLLL! How I love this story! I was so excited to come on and see an update!

And there is so much going on! The guys helping Piggy out, the baby, Kermit and Robin (I also enjoyed the Zoot line), then Kermit and Piggy and oh my....and now she's going to tell us her story! I want to read it now! I want to read so much of this! Lisa this is one of your best in quite awhile in terms of suspense, I honestly don't know what will happen from chapter to chapter! LOVE IT! MORE PLEASE!

Miss Froggy

Reaction score
Ahh, what a cliffhanger! I'm really looking forward to finding out what happens next...I'm Isabelle, by the way, I'm new to the forums.

The fact that the baby has brown hair makes me think that it's...Piggy's friend's baby? Of course, that doesn't make sense considering the pregnancy picture, but...you described her pig friend as a brunette, so, I suppose it just struck me as a possibility...