Draw Your Gonzo! An Unofficial GonzoFest

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That one is fantastic too. It's cartoony and still embodies the spirit and design of the character. Nice balance. All of this work so far has been impressive. MC is a much more creative place than when I first dropped by. We always had creative members, but that has grown so much!

I have to admit to a particular fondness for Vic Ramano's work. His goggled Gonzo is so striking. That's the kind of off-the-wall design that flatters the character. Also his plaid pant sketch is definitely a choice I'd like to see in novelization form. That page is just filled with goodies.

And of course Reevz' photo-real painted creation almost gives me tears - it's so good.

I've been through a few sketches and have to admit - no matter how off-book I try to draw Gonzo he still turns out very much like a nice standard model sheet version. There is some shape-play. I'll have to post it soon (being the guy that started this thread he he). I'm just so very impressed with these Gonzos. Right now I'll just have to make due with posting a past Gonzo I drew ---> :concern: I'm still not satisfied with that one, but emoticons are challenging.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
That Joker Gonzo made me laugh out loud. Really, if I were drinking something, I would have done a spit-take! And I'm glad I wasn't. Liquid all over a laptop just isn't a good thing.

Anyway, those are some fun Gonzos. :concern:

Kiki

Reaction score
Wow! All of these pictures are... FANTASTIC! I am serious, all of 'em, it's interesting seeing how everyone draws Gonzo... all different, but all great. :smile: Well done, guys!