25th Anniversary Follow That Bird Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SesameStMuppets

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong... I think any kid of any age could watch Follow That Bird and not be physically or emotionally harmed and/or scarred. Unfortunately, most Sesame viewers aren't interested if their interested if their furry red friend doesn't rupture their ear drums with his high squeal...

When i say this movie is for the 'Old School'ers i simply mean 20 somes or older are more apt to watch this movie than today's preschoolers. It's a sad commentary, but it's a post-Henson world and Elmo rules...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I mean I won't be in denial, Elmo is very popular. But I know there are also kids who like classic SS. It was true when I was a kid and it's true now, that kids who don't follow the trend are rarely heard from. But they're still out there. :wink:

SesameStMuppets

Reaction score
I totally agree! It's too bad that the show has gone this route. Not to get off the topic of the New DVD, but this whole Elmo's World thing is dissapointing. Supposedly, the show has been reformatted to keep up with other children's television shows. What's ironic about that is that the shows Sesame Street's competing against were made to fashion Sesame Street.

Any whoo...

Any more thoughts as to more features?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
What's ironic about that is that the shows Sesame Street's competing against were made to fashion Sesame Street.

How true, and if you asked them, they'd say they couldn't have existed without Sesame Street in the first place. :insatiable: :wisdom:

The idea of a photo gallery is nice. As a producer from Fraggle Rock once pointed out, it's hard to find video footage from the '80s because home movies was still a growing art. That doesn't mean nothing exists of course, just have to wait and see. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey, All I want is that they have this in wide screen. No pan and scan jive. And of course, a new digital transfer....

But I've seen a lot of random movies have super special editions that have a full second disk of random stuff (Monster Squad for example).

So whatever it is, I just don't wanna see a video tape ported over to a DVD with a flashy new cover.....

Drtooth

Reaction score
I know a lot of people still have old televisions, mainly because I am one... but I fail to see why they produce movie DVD's in full frame still. Usually that's the only one they put on sale, and the only one you can find. They should have BOTH versions on a DVD at least.

I wouldn't usually have cared, but once again... bad experiance with Ghostbusters. Very bad, nightmarish experiance with Ghostbusters...

And Elmo in Grouchland isn't all that hot either (wow, full frame ruined that opening number in Grouchland something fierce).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah and even movies that didn't do well often have the option. So why can't it just be a requirement or something?

SesameStMuppets

Reaction score
Quite frankly, any kind of special features will be welcomed (even a booklet, a kin to Old School)! I've never heard of any type of behind the scene things; the most was a picture from www.streetgangbook.com 's gallery. Old footage would be better than new footage, but again, anything would be great :wisdom: !

AAO

Reaction score
I agree. I don't think "new" footage with the characters would be cool. Like, I would be worried that they would interview Elmo on what he thought or something!

I would love to see as much for this movie. It was an amazing movie! Anytime I mention it people go crazy because they loved it! I don't look at the film as a "kids film"... It's a original idea. I also noticed they break the "fourth wall" (the audience) a few times. And usually it was Big Bird.

In all other Muppet films, Kermit and the others made a point to explain or make fun of they were making a movie... Which is great! But you knew that they were "actors" whereas everything that happened to Big Bird was real in a sense...

Status
Not open for further replies.