1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

25th Anniversary Follow That Bird Edition!

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by AAO, Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

My favorite moment in FTB, even if it's a little sad, is when Big Bird is leaving and Maria yells, "Don't forget, Big Bird, we love you!" The music is so melancholy at that moment. ::sniff::
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Any old footage would have to still exist, and not be tossed aside. Remember, these movies were made before the idea of keeping footage for special features existed.... why does a film like, let's say Van Wilder 2: Rise of Taj has hours of footage? Because the film is made into a DVD before they even release it... so they hang on to all the idiotic bloopers where everyone flubs their lines and falls over stuff and every single scene that didn't need to be seen no matter what.

All I'm saying, new special features, old special features... as long as they take this directly from the film print, and not just some video tape they had lying around, I'll be happy.
  3. heralde

I wonder what Elmo would say in an interview considering his small part in the film:

"::sigh:: All Elmo did was stand in a window at the end! Elmo coulda be a contender!" Hehe
  4. getup

getup New Member

today is the first i've heard of this release. i will gladly replace my old full frame copy with this new remastered widescreen copy. i'm not really expecting much on the bonus features as it's a single disc and amazon is selling it for 13.99 .
  5. getup

getup New Member

oh yeah...and i wouldn't really even mind if elmo in grouchland was never mentioned again and possibly erased from existence. no offense to the elmo lovers, but when i saw that movie i wanted to cry. far from the quality of follow that bird.
  6. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

The movie trailer is for Viewing on Hulu.
  7. Let us not forget, though, how incredible the Special Edition Emett Otter DVD is (sans the sans of Kermit :) ) for a whopping price of only $9.99.

And we already know Follow that Bird will deliver on the Frog!
  8. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

This IS great news...i already have the FTB dvd WB put out in 2002...but THIS one looks awesome, i plan on getting this new dvd...but Elmo on the cover..ehhhh:concern:
  9. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

At least he's quiet and in the corner. :p
  10. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

"Elmo can't help it if Elmo's popular!"
  11. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

lol yeah ture jammie :D I mean i DONT hate elmo, but theres JUST to much of him and Abbys getting there too! I wish for my old Sesame Days with Big Bird (he's my FAV out of all the SS muppets) bert and ernie and cookie and so on...When I take days off during thr week day, IF im up, I'll catch SS on our PBS, it starts at 10am here, and I can watch MOST of it, than when Elmos world comes on i walk away from my living room tv or change the channel :sympathy:
  12. Drtooth

Sitting there quitely on the corner, waiting for his paycheck for the photo shoot... Let's just say "Product Branding."

I mean, look at the cover of "Sing Yourself Sillier at the Movies"...

Cookie Monster is only in one song for 2 seconds... and yet, he's on the cover behind Telly (look very closely at Telly's hair... you can clearly see that Cookie was almost photo retouched into the scene).
  13. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Member

I love this movie I hope to get this for christmas!
  14. muppetfan89

muppetfan89 Member

I would too, but it's coming out in March. :sympathy:
  15. Super Leviathan

Super Leviathan New Member

I passed on the original DVD since it was foolscreen, but I love the movie dearly (The grouch diner might just be one of the funniest scenes in a kids' film) so I will definitely pick this up.

Warner Bros. generally is very good about doing double dips on their movies that improve on the original release. Sony generally isn't known for that, so I doubt a better release of Elmo in Grouchland is in the cards.
  16. heralde

I guess the reason so many cool things are being released after Christmas is because companies figure the public is eager to spend whatever Christmas money they might have been given by generous relatives. Hehe ;)
  17. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Wow Sesame has two great things comming out after Christmas that i want. Street Gang and now this. I hope that this has more then one little featuer I really would love to hear some commentary on this.
  18. Drtooth

Cough Cough... except for the original TMNT films.... all we're getting for the 25th anniversary is a cardboard slip cover... no Digital Copy, no behind the scenes... nothing.
  19. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Then why re relesaes it? I would have thought that Waner would have got all the rights to the turtles after doing there lattest movie. Anyways that was way off topic. I can't wait to see this movie once agin.
  20. heralde

Because it's another opportunity for the DVD to get noticed and people to buy it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.