25th Anniversary Follow That Bird Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Caroll Spinney has done book signings with Oscar on his hand. I've been to one and there were plenty of kids around so I wouldn't see an issue with it in a behind the scenes capacity. The bird thing is a little more traumatic as it involves head removal. I hope there's of footage of Jim Henson, Richard Hunt, Jerry Nelson and Frank Oz too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Or expose them to classic Sesame Street as well as the new stuff, so they don't grow up thinking only new is good and old is bad. Believe me, it will pay off later in life. Just because your kid likes one thing now, doesn't mean they shouldn't be shown other things that could be good for them. :wink:

But then again, it's hard to tell if a 1 year old can pay attention to anything... they like to explore the world around them most of all. If you just learned to walk, wouldn't you try to run?

I'd expose them to classic SS when they're older, and can appreciate it. A lot of the indignant parents that write those reviews buy these things for kids under 3 years old. And it's been proven TV isn't effective on kids that young.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
This is great news! I love the promo! I didn't think the first dvd release had a promo? or maybe i missed it. The cover as mentioned before makes me hate photoshop, lol! But I'm happy they already released it with the original poster art so you can just switch the dvd cases if you like. It also nice to see that Kermit was in the promo so we don't have to even have speculate that Kermit's part being edited out.:smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But then again, it's hard to tell if a 1 year old can pay attention to anything... they like to explore the world around them most of all. If you just learned to walk, wouldn't you try to run?

I'd expose them to classic SS when they're older, and can appreciate it. A lot of the indignant parents that write those reviews buy these things for kids under 3 years old. And it's been proven TV isn't effective on kids that young.
I think you're right that TV watching period doesn't help 1 year olds much. They should get more opportunity to move around and explore. But I did watch SS when I was that young, before Elmo was around and I still enjoyed it (at least that's what my parents say lol). Kids didn't start watching it when they were 4 even back in the day. And I'm positive there are 1 year olds who enjoy classic SS today, as well as the Elmo stuff. :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score

If they are one year old though, I really don't see showing them the older show from the start as making them 'run'. It is such an early age that they are taking everything in and much of those things shown from the first five years is known to grow their tastes and character to began with, so why not give them something with more depth? Why not Big Bird's SS, FR, and classical novels like my parents did with me? Not non-stop hours of tv you understand, but when you do have tv it might as well be something good, older SS should not be seen as something you have to appreciate rather than just being able to enjoy from the start IMHO. Anymore that the fact that I did not know 99% of the guest stars on SS when I was little means that I didn't enjoy it and shouldn't have been watching it :coy:

muppetfan89

Reaction score
I am so excited about this. I just wished they used the original cover, that's a great one. I already have that edition of the film, but I might trade it in, so I can get this one...:smile:

I also hope the features are great and not kiddy stuff. I hope they have a behind the scenes documentary and interviews with the cast, particurally Carroll Spinney, I would love to hear his experience with having his character in his own movie. He never talks about the movie in his autobiography for some reason.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I also hope the features are great and not kiddy stuff. I hope they have a behind the scenes documentary and interviews with the cast, particurally Carroll Spinney, I would love to hear his experience with having his character in his own movie. He never talks about the movie in his autobiography for some reason.
Yeah I know that would be the best! Well, from a fan's pov, the film was a huge deal of course. But maybe for the actors it was just one of the many big events in 40 years. ::shrugs:: :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I am so excited about this. I just wished they used the original cover, that's a great one. I already have that edition of the film, but I might trade it in, so I can get this one...
When I like the first movie poster of something I print a copy of it and just slip it/glue it into/onto the factory made one :smile:. Instant better picture:excited:! I've done it with all of my favorite 80's movie dvds, the Care Bears Movie, and Secret Of NIMH posters are ten times better than the new art:coy:

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
I like your idea Redsonga, I'll probably end up doing that when I get this on dvd. The original cover was so much nicer!

Anyway, it's really funny that I stumbled across this thread today...because a few hours ago I was discussing with my sister about getting this on dvd (since we both loved it growing up, and it still lived up to my memories of it when I caught part of it on tv last year).

I'm very much looking forward to this dvd release!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
What would be great is if they would have ethier a Big Bird Comentery or a Carol Spinny Comentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.