1970s Sesame Street Puppets

Erine81981

Reaction score
Abelardo the Dragon and Paco the Parrot: These are both Leli Ledy releases. The Abelardo puppet, my own "Grail" ,is obviously a product of the late 1970s, and he received extremely limited release. He has a plain orange plastic combline on his head and back and a fur yellow/orange body, but his eyes are very nicely sculpted with raised painted pupils (a bit like big bird). His hands where pvc. The Paco Puppet is even more rare then Abelardo. He was made from green fur and also a plasic hear. Both had the hairline glued to the hear like Grover... Only the front was shown all pvc.

Tocatta and Mordicus: These are both Vicma releases, and one is more valuable than the next. All have rubber faces with nicely detailed clothing and look like the early style of the U.S. puppets. Tocatta has an enormous head contasting his body, with an enourmes orange beak and large open eyes. Mordicus looks like Oascar but his head is a pvc covered in dark blue fur. His eyes are lined with a yellow and green circle arround it and the nose is lighter blue pvc. All of the Vicma "human" puppets also have weird, more-human hand sculpts
I would love to see these.

Pino

Reaction score
I think you mean Montoya (later renamed after Abelardo) and Bodoque the grouch.... Ehm as far as I know they havent