Your Thoughts: Muppets Letters to Santa

What did you think of the "Letters to Santa" special?

• I loved "Letters to Santa".

Votes: 74 40.0%
  • "Letters to Santa" was good.

Votes: 71 38.4%
  • "Letters to Santa" was just so-so.

Votes: 27 14.6%
  • I disliked "Letters to Santa".

Votes: 13 7.0%

• Total voters

Redsonga

Reaction score
Right absolutely, that is childlike. It's a wonderful thing. What I saw in the special was a little too childish (again, the distortion of childlike).
*gets back on topic*
Well I didn't see it like that :smile:. I saw only good..good that had been missing IMHO, for a long time..muppety good to fight all the depressing tv shows:excited:. We need mooore :frown:!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I didn't see it like that . I saw only good..good that had been missing for a long time..muppety good to fight all the depressing tv shows. We need mooore !
Sure we all get something different out of it, that's as it should be. :smile: I think "Letters" was much better than VMC in that it was more sweet and uplifting. I just felt for me personally something like Muppet Family Christmas or Emmett Otter was a bit deeper. Not to say that there's anything wrong with liking "Letters". Like I said, I liked it too. :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I thought Officer Meanie and Joy were both performed with a good mixture of childlike/ish qualities. It was obvious from the start that Meanie's gruff nature was a facade to compensate for his arrested development as a young child. Joy just seemed cheery and youthful. Okay, she's not likely a member of Mensa, but she got the job done with bubbly efficiency.

I do agree that they went a little more "all ages" than I would have liked, but it still felt more Muppet Showy than Sesame.

Nick22

Reaction score
I thought Officer Meanie and Joy were both performed with a good mixture of childlike/ish qualities. It was obvious from the start that Meanie's gruff nature was a facade to compensate for his arrested development as a young child. Joy just seemed cheery and youthful. Okay, she's not likely a member of Mensa, but she got the job done with bubbly efficiency.

I do agree that they went a little more "all ages" than I would have liked, but it still felt more Muppet Showy than Sesame.

i agree. i am a kid but i still wish it was more like the muppet show. and i hated the person they used as santa. why was he british? what the heck. and the mom didnt seem very mom-like to me. i mean i have a 7 year old sister who watched it with me a she loved it. i thought it was too short and we DEFINITLY didnt see enough of piggy in this film. the north pole scene should've had all the muppets. like all the others somehow found their way there. but they was alot of good thinggs too. i did love it. i was happy too see janice, scooter, rowlf, robin, etc. it was definitly more muppety than oz and thew muppets definitly got thier cheer and muppety feel back.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
i agree. i am a kid but i still wish it was more like the muppet show. and i hated the person they used as santa. why was he british?
Exactly, I mean I'm not saying the special should only be geared towards adults. I'm just saying there are many past Christmas specials that are meant primarily for children, but are deeper and challenging to kids (and also accessible to adults).

You know it didn't occur to me that this Santa was British, lol. I guess it is a little out of form. He should have been called Father Christmas. :wink:

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I loved every minute of it! My brother and I especially loved the joke Pepe did while at the airport. "Blackberry, blueberry, raspberry, Halle Berry". That joke was hilarious! We laughed so much. As always, Paul Williams wrote beautiful songs for the muppets. I can't believe he made a cameo as an elf! I was so surprised! I loved the plot of the story and so much heart as with any great Christmas special. It's now on my list of favorite Christmas specials.

turkishproverb

Reaction score
Surprised by all the british santa hate. I always pictured him as faintly british sounding.