Your Thoughts: Muppets Letters to Santa

What did you think of the "Letters to Santa" special?

• I loved "Letters to Santa".

Votes: 74 40.0%
  • "Letters to Santa" was good.

Votes: 71 38.4%
  • "Letters to Santa" was just so-so.

Votes: 27 14.6%
  • I disliked "Letters to Santa".

Votes: 13 7.0%

• Total voters

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
that is assuming they bother to give them any accent at all... see the current tom cruise flick as the latest example... note serious lack at any attempt at german accent...
The movie had an interesting way of doing that actually....when Cruise first speaks in the movie, he says his first few lines in German. After another couple of lines it melds into English with his normal accent. Like we're watching it translated.

I love Ever After, but I do agree with what others have said...they should have tried using French accents instead.

As for Santa having an accent, it didn't bother me...just Santa's portrayal. I kind of wish they didn't show him at all (instead, just have hints that he's real like they did in SS Christmas Eve), but they needed to show him in order to reveal the kid's wish.

Davina

Reaction score
glad they came up with some sort of "cover" for the lack of accent in that then. haven't seen it yet so wasn't aware they did that.

anyway.. yes.. would have been nice if instead of showing Santa they had the elves email it to him since they'd already established that they'd missed his departure. if Pepe has a blackberry, certainly Santa would.. :smile:
though i didn't mind Santa or his accent.. though i kept trying to place the actor while watching :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Eh, the "cover's" still not good enough for me. I mean it's not like Tom Cruise is speaking Klingon here! :wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Short American Klingons with slick hair and fancy suits...Hehe!

Davina

Reaction score
exactly.. it's such a harsh, sharp language.. klingon really does seem to have more in common with german...
so it would have made perfect sense for there to have been little klingon storm troopers...

*may have to go have a lie down after laughing so hard at the image*

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
So I've learned something new today:

Santa + British = Problematic

Tom Cruise + Finding a way to avoid using accent in movie = Not acceptable

Klingon + British, German or storm trooper uniforms = Just fine! : D

Redsonga

Reaction score
*hee* And people say I get off topic :stick_out_tongue:...

Sooo we have to wait a whole year for a DVD :frown: *sigh* If only holiday DVDs were the same as normal ones or we would only have to wait two months *lol* :big_grin: