Your Thoughts: Muppets Letters to Santa

What did you think of the "Letters to Santa" special?

• I loved "Letters to Santa".

Votes: 74 40.0%
  • "Letters to Santa" was good.

Votes: 71 38.4%
  • "Letters to Santa" was just so-so.

Votes: 27 14.6%
  • I disliked "Letters to Santa".

Votes: 13 7.0%

• Total voters

Redsonga

Reaction score
I feel that if it had gone on much longer we'd have at some point realised that the Muppets were delivering letters to Santa.
I realized that and it didn't hurt the movie at all to me...I dunno, I really didn't mind it, I liked it actually :smile:.

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
Well, here's hoping that the DVD for this special (assuming it comes out next year) will be an extended edition like MWoO did.

If it was longer, had more meat to it, then I do think I would have enjoyed it a lot more.

I'm annoyed with myself that I didn't love it as much as the others, especially when there was so much focus on my favorite Muppet...Gonzo (What's wrong with me? Why can't I turn off that nitpicky part of my brain and gush over this special?)

I'm sure after a few more viewing next year, that I'll grow to love it as much as the other movies/specials. I had warmed up to it a bit more after my second veiwing, after all. *still holds out hope for extended edition next year*

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree, there should have been something more between the North Pole and arriving home. I think that's what was missing. I would have loved to see the joke of having the Mayhem playing a gig out in the middle of the snow somewhere. I miss those guys.
As I said, I would have loved to have seen a chaotic scene in Santa's Workshop where Santa was about to leave, and the Muppets couldn't get to him in time because the elves were too busy.

unclematt

Reaction score
Overall I was very happy with the entire special. Scooter and Robin sounded a little off but that can be worked on. Other than that I had no complaints

Davina

Reaction score
my only real complaint at this point is that it seemed shorter then it actually was..

unclematt

Reaction score
It was only like 44 minutes after commercial breaks

Davina

Reaction score
still seemed even shorter then that though... maybe was just me...

Java

Reaction score
Redsonga, I apologize for not getting back sooner, forgot to subscribe to the thread...

I'm closer to 27 than I am to 26 and then when you through in other factors for me... I'm late twenties. Besides, I look forward to aging...

I'm glad it did have that feel to you though, and perhaps it is my point of view. I wish my brother were still as avid as me to compare to someone with as close to my growing experience with. Alas, I'll have to try to continue to bring him back to our side.

unclematt

Reaction score
Does anyone know when it is supposed to come to video?

Davina

Reaction score
rumor has said next winter.. take with grain of salt.. but sounds like their kind of logic...