Rumor: Avenue Q to end on Broadway

muppetinsider

Reaction score
Just heard on the radio that the infamous musical on Broadway about homosexual puppets living amongst each other will be closing soon along with 8 other shows. I guess the economy got the best of Broadway too. Well, it can only get so bad that it has to get better again.:smirk:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh man that stinks, I never got to see it. I can't believe how bad it's getting. At least in the 1930s people had the golden age of Hollywood to escape to. Not sure we have the equivalent these days. Still, at least we can look back and enjoy the past. I'll probably end up buying the Avenue Q soundtrack at some point, lol.

MWoO

Reaction score
I've seen it twice in 2008. It's a shame it's closing on broadway, but I'm glad I was able to see it twice. I hope some kind of movie adaptation happens.

Keeermit

Reaction score
I have many good friends in this show - its a REAL shame - very sad.... :frown:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I'm glad I got to see it here in Ft. Worth. Broadway's never been an option for me. It was perfect. They should put it on DVD for everyone who couldn't go.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
I'm so happy I got to see this show when it came to Columbus. I'm not a Broadway musical kind of person, but I really loved it. It sucks that it's closing, but it will make for a great revival a few years down the road.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Aw! This sucks! Wish I could have seen it and that it didn't have to end.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Aww, no! It's terribly depressing to hear about all of these Broadway shows I want to see closing. The economy has hit everyone hard.