Electric Company debuts today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It's coming on in a few minutes where I am as a matter of fact! :excited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I saw the last half of the two hour "stunt" and I thought it was good. Some of the segments were too short though (like the 24 parody) and some were too long. However, it seems like a decent show. Paul the Gorilla is even in it!

And, I can't wait to hear the people who grew up with it complain about how bad they think it is.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Personally I love it! It was great! I love the manic fast pace of it all! I can't wait to see it again! This is a really good show! I watched all four episodes and it got better with each one! I would highly recommend it is show to watch! Top notch form the Sesame Workshop!

I personally think this show holds it's own and it's not fair to compare this to the original show. It's is it's own show. Very funny and unique!

It airs on Friday's by the way!

StreetScenes

Reaction score
I personally think this show holds it's own and it's not fair to compare this to the original show. It's is it's own show. Very funny and unique!
that's awesome! i can't wait to see it. so in what ways is it so different from the original that it defies comparison?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
that's awesome! i can't wait to see it. so in what ways is it so different from the original that it defies comparison?
Well, for starters, each episode has a plot that (like Sesame Street) is is shown with various segments in between them.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, and there are hero's witch are part of The Electric Company (their main hangout being The Electric Company Diner.) and their are the villains (not rally, though) called the pranksters. The are even an alien race living in their neighborhood called the Skeleckian. And when ever the pranksters cause trouble in the neighborhood, the person in trouble sounds the call by calling the famous "hay you guys" call, and that is when they spring into action! They have to use the grammar, problem solving, language skills and super powers to figure things out and to save the day. Even the pranksters have super their own powers, (minus one who comes up with wacky inventions) the difference is that they use them to cause havoc and trouble.

Paul The Gorilla is there too!

The press kit and PBS wed site can be found here. New stuff on it all the time!

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=37923&page=7

Wiseman

Reaction score
New Electric company

Well, the new Electric Company is out. I kind of like the idea of having a superhero show as the main format with the other things on various decoding techniques as commercials between segments. Kind of reminds me of the old SS from back in the 70's. I also like the fact that Paul the gorilla is back, and that they use the old "Hey You GUYS!" line as the opening. What are your thoughts?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well my thought is I love, love, love this show! Yeah, the "Hey you guys is used as sort of a "Bat Signal" Call in the shows cold opening as the episode plot is taking shape.

Wiseman

Reaction score
OOOps

I didn't notice that the new EC just like the old EC was created by Sesame Workshop (Formerly CTW) nor that there were already two threads about it in Sesame Worlds maybe the mods could delete this thread and move the posts to one iof the already existing ones.:embarrassed:

Status
Not open for further replies.