Your Thoughts: The New Electric Company

Drtooth

Reaction score
I like the show and all, but I don't much care for the Popsicle stick puppet show part. There's just something about it that seems unsettling to me....:smirk:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Annie Scrambler decides to control Lisa's Brain.
Loved today's episodic and Mark Linn Baker playing Annie Scrambler's uncle was just awesome! He was some kind of hypnotists and he made Annie and Lisa brains switch. The reason she wanted Lisa's body was so she could frame her and make her look bad. So the gang finds Mark's character and chases after him and he's getting away until Hector throws a sigh up that reads "this way" and traps him in a corner. Only to find out that the only way to switch brings back is if Annie decides too. To make things worse, Lisa smells like scrambled eggs. So as Annie is going around rearranging letters all over the neighborhood to make people mad at Lisa, she decides to play her at her own game by making everything spell something nice in a really awesome song number with the neighborhood residents sing about how much they all like Lisa. This frustrates Annie so much that she decides to switch minds back to normal again. She they get her uncle back and he switches their minds back and Annie and her Uncle claim that they both didn't learn a thing and take off running witch he was doing all episode. In the end. Lisa comes in the Electric company dinner and is relied to get the egg smell off of her. In the beginning she was having problems with her clumsiness, but now she has learned to cope with it as she is be clumsy left and right.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hector is chosen to make a presentation about stamina.
So Hector has to give his report on stamina, and he was going over it with sis Jessica. But he was feeling so tired that it altered his powers. It just so happens that one of the pranksters, Francine Carruthers sees that he is struggling to stay awake and catches hector off guard when he explains to her about his lack of sleep affecting his powers. So she outright tells Hector that she is going to sabotage his presentation, and that’s when he sounds the call (Hey You Guyyyyyyyys!). So he gang is sitting at the electric company diner trying to figure out just exactly what Francines up to. But they catch Manny Spamboni who was sitting in the diner and he drops a tracking device in Hectors hoodie. Just than Keith cam in and alerted the gang that he just saw Francine, Annie Scrambler, and Manny talking to each other. Hector at this point is figuring that he'll never get any sleep at this point. So Jessica and Lisa hatch a plan to for him to camp out at an undisclosed location somewhere outside the pranksters can’t harm him. But the pranksters use to tracking device to find him and that break out with a marching band and then proceed to follow his ever move with their loud, obnoxious music and singing. When the gang is wondering how they were fooling him around, they discover the tracking device and decide to play a trick on the pranksters. So Lisa decides to lure them to her house and when they cone out with the music she ignores them while they wear themselves out only to find hector coming down the block well rested and ready for his presentation, but the pranksters decide that it’s not over and move on to plan B. So on the day of the presentation, they concoct a scheme to use a giant blow horn out side of his class where he giving his presentation on stamina. But in the horn are a bunch of work balls that Francine created many is going to blow the hour and thrust them right thought the window to wreck Hectors concentration. But Keith and Jessica catch them just n time and Keith creates a barrier to block the word balls witch come hurling right toward the pranksters. In a comedic moment, Francine orders many to blow the horn again, but as he mentioned earlier, he had lip fatigue and couldn’t blow anymore, but he blows in anyway and one pathetic ball barely blows out and rolls along the ground. At this point Annie gets so frustrated that she pushes Manny out of the and blows the horn her self but nothings happening, So she runs to the outside of Hectors classroom where Jessica and Keith find her only to feel defeat. Annie soon starts sending scrambling waves through the floors where hector is standing, and while an that getting a goods night rest is a way to have good stamina, he is using his to hold on, She almost succeeds ruining his presentation and even the teacher is concerned at this point. But she gives in and is worn out right as he finishes his report a very timely manor as he explains how “you even need stamina to do a report like this.” At the end, Hector enters the Electric Company Diner and wonders where everybody was. When shock shows him that everybody is asleep, he joins them only for Francine to about how a person is to get any sleep with all the noise. He agrees with her and wishers her a good night. Francine looking puzzle and surprised, wished him a good night too, and they go back to sleep with everyone else.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
What's funny about this episode to me is that the being fatigued was such a major component of the plot, while having the stamina to withstand it. I mean Hector needed the Stamina to out stand the pranksters and the fatigue he was feeling, while on the other hand, the pranksters needed the stamina to ruin Hectors day in the the process of trying th ware him down, they became fatigued.

Just thought that was funny how it works.

RugbyCutie

Reaction score
Yay, more fans! :excited: So, in an effort to breathe a little life back into the thread, who's everyone's favorite so far?

For me, it would be a close tie between Lisa and Shock, with Danny not far behind. I love Lisa's peppy nice-girl outlook, and being occasionally klutzy myself, I can relate to her. Shock, in addition to having awesome beatboxing/sound-effects skills, always seems so friendly and composed, and Danny's uber-touchiness and dubiousness only add to his hilarity factor. ^^

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think I'm going to have to go with Francine Carruthers. She basically just this geeky kid who loves pulling pranks. But she is ever confident 9in her geeky-ness and wears it proudly. But underneath her obsession to of having to power to drive someone batty, she really has a vulnerable side and dose have a heart underneath it all. Even if her way of showing if it not always the most direct, but you know it's there.

But all in all, all of the characters are great on this show!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
You know what just occurred to me? The show uses rap to teach grammer, but rap is known for its lack thereof.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know what just occurred to me? The show uses rap to teach grammer, but rap is known for its lack thereof.
That reminds me of how Ruff Ruffman uses a "reality game show" basis to teach people something, when reality TV is known for taking away brain cells. :smile:

BTW, Electric Company is gonna be a weekday show now, not just Fridays. i hope they don't cut anything else off the schedule I like.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well maybe they can show the reruns on Monday through Thursday, and show the new episodes on Fridays.