Will the Sesame Street gang meet the new president?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Any chances of anyone wanting to see the SS gang meeting the new president ?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think there's a chance some of them will get to meet the First Lady witch has become somewhat of a tradition on the show.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The First Lady will likely appear, but I also can see the President doing a photo op with Sesame if there's a good cause behind it. :wisdom:

RyGuy

Reaction score
I think Pres. Obama should be on SS

I have a wonderful suggetion. I think President Obama himself should be on SS . He could do it before he gets tioo busy He could describe getting along and being proud of yourself and being positive toward other people no matter what they look like.

Or there could be a sketech where Big Bird is at Bob's apartment and he has SSN ( parody of CNN) on and they are talking about a "war " and big bird is scared of the fighting . Big Bird could be confused and President Obama could enter the scene and see Big Bird Crying and Bob could tell Obama "Big Bird's scared about what's on the screen but I don't want to make him more upset " Obama could tell Bob that he could try to help . Obama could say "Big Bird, I hear you're scared about what's on TV, it's okay to be scared , . When people fight like that, it's called a war " . People go to war because they can't find a nice way to solve problems. When people go to war, it is fight that can take a long time to get over, but you are okay with Bob and all your friends here and if you see something on TV that scares you, it's okay to leave a room and ask questions later . , Don't worry , Big Bird, you'll be okay, do you have any questions?" at the end of the sketech Bob could thank Obama and they could go out and play to calm Big Bird down.

It may sound like a heavy message for Sesame Street , but if done correctly , it may work

beaker

Reaction score
Obama actually seems like the first President in ages that seems to have the kind of silly, warm, good hearted demeanor that would mesh with the Sesame gang in quite some time. I could more than see this.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I personally don't want to see him, but I can understand why others would. :smile: If it happens, I'd want them to talk about people needing jobs, since that's what people are looking to him most right now.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
If it happens, I'd want them to talk about people needing jobs, since that's what people are looking to him most right now.
:sing: Oh, the President of the United States is a person in your neighborhood! In your neighborhood! He's in your neighborhood! :sing:

:wisdom:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now you guys put a scary thought in my head... what if the OTHER guy won? Now all I can think about is Sarah Palin trying to shoot Big Bird from a helicopter.... EEEEEK! :eek: