Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I wish one could subscribe to them. If you can from the site, I haven't figured it out yet. I'm still happy with the prices I paid for the ones I got ... even at a comic shop. Back when I bought X-Men regularly, it seemed like they were twice as much. If BOOM hasn't started the subscription concept yet, they should ... but don't be like Marvel, which sent me renewal letters after just a few weeks into my subscription and about every three weeks after that. THAT is annoying and why I quit subscribing to them.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Boom is a boon to Disney fans. Lemme just say that. They reprinted the entire Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck. And one day, I'm gonna actually HAVE enough money to get it (I wish they would release it in soft cover, though my ONLY complaint). I have subsided on The Italian Ultraheroes and Double Duck series besides the Muppet comics, and they're brilliant. Even the translation. And i dunno if purists would agree, but I love the subtle references to other Disney Afternoon cartoons in these translations (references to St. Canard for one). I wish I had the money to get their entire catalog on a monthly basis.
I want that "Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck" set as well.

Yes indeed though Boom is doing Disney fans right BIG time. Last night I read Darkwing Duck issue #1 and the whole "The Return of Buzz Lightyear" graphic novel, I COULDN'T put it down. These stories are so original and fresh but also totally true to the characters it's unreal. Heck at some points, I also forget I was reading a comic, :smile:.

I know I said it in my last post, but it's worth saying again...Boom Studios kept up the GREAT work.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I wish one could subscribe to them. If you can from the site, I haven't figured it out yet. I'm still happy with the prices I paid for the ones I got ... even at a comic shop. Back when I bought X-Men regularly, it seemed like they were twice as much. If BOOM hasn't started the subscription concept yet, they should ... but don't be like Marvel, which sent me renewal letters after just a few weeks into my subscription and about every three weeks after that. THAT is annoying and why I quit subscribing to them.
I subscribe to just about anything being made here https://www.scifigenre.com/
Go to subs and search Boom! :3

Just sign up, click add, and you are linked to getting them every month for as long as you want. You can even change the date they are shipped to you :excited:

I have no comic shop in my area so it is the only way I get anything :stick_out_tongue:

Chuchu

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where I can get the first issue of Family Reunion? I live near Dallas, Texas, and Amazon won't deliver it until September FOR NO GOOD REASON!:mad:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
BOOM too? I live in Arlington, but the comic store (the only one I know about) only seems to have like one or two issues out at a time, so you'd probably just have to order it from them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, having Amy do the artwork for Family Reunion was greet, but I'm looking forward to seeing Roger's madcap style again.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I agree. I love Amy's art to death, but Roger's is so vibrant and full of personality, and just plain fun to look at.

I'll be hustling to the comic shop after work today. By foot & bus. In over-100-degree-heat-index Atlanta weather. I may get heatstroke, but it'll be worth it if I can snag the Dracula cover.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That Guy With The Glasses .com’s Last Angry Geek Reviews The Muppet Show Family Reunion Comic: HERE

Psssst - I’d start past the intro jokes at 2 minutes in and straight to the obnoxious puppetry. Warning: Many Spoilers Ahead!

Can’t say I agree with most of it, but it’s an interesting review and I’m glad the Muppets are making the rounds on various hip parts of the web. That’s why I’m mentioning it here. However, I do agree that Skeeter’s bits get a little old after a while, but I understand why this character is exploited so much! We haven’t seen her in years. I just wish the Nostalgia Critic would review one a classic Muppet film.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Yeah, I was gonna mention it, but the review just seemed painful to me, and not because he dissed Skeeter. I don't see how she "wasn't fully developed". What Muppet is when (re)introduced? Do you know how Lips likes to spend his free time? I thought not. Skeeter was who she is -- an athletic "trickster" who manages to be like Piggy but in a more blue-collar kind of way, loving her Muppet Show family even when she's a little condescending (it's been years and she still calls Scooter a nerd? really?). I was angry when she left. I can't help it. I like the dynamic when she's involved. But, the "meh" review wasn't what was painful. THAT honor goes to his unfunny delivery. It's kind of like he went to comedy classes by Fozzie ... and failed. Statler and Waldorf would've been left speechless by how bad it was. If I were ever to start up my video reviews again, I realize I'd be much better off laying off the comedy and doing a more "serious school-marm" kind of routine, providing a more academic-type review. Maybe something like Nostalgia Chick, but without jokes, LOL. :wink: