Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
The release date is here! The Muppet Show Comic Book #1 by Roger Langridge is now available in comic book stores.

You can order the comic (with various variant covers) online via BOOM! Studio's website:
http://www.boom-studios.net/catalogsearch/advanced/result/?name=&series=331

And here's more information on the comic book release…
http://www.muppetnewsflash.com/2009/03/muppet-show-comic-comes-on-wednesday.html

So, for those who have picked up the comic, what are your thoughts on this new comic adaptation of The Muppet Show?

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Mmmm,

So there are actually 4 different covers for this comic, the Boomn web site shows two more covers in Ltd Ed of 500?

Chris

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Just finished reading it. You know, overall, I liked it. In some places I thought the writing was a little bit off, but for the most part I really liked how the book stuck to the variety show format while still having a backstage plot. It was funny and sweet, and I think the book has a lot of potential.
:smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Okay, I've read the ten-page online preview, and read the description at Muppet Wiki, but does the comci ever say what the letter Kermit got was all about? Seems like an important plot point, and the description at Muppet Wiki makes a point of mentioning it, but what is the letter about that makes Kermit homesick?

beaker

Reaction score
Absolutely amazing! This is the first time I've seen the zany flow and chemistry of the Muppet Show feel right on in an illustrated translation since I first read the 1978 Muppet show book.

Sure, it is written with a more modern humor/writing style in a lot of parts, and a few gags seemed to be reaching. But overall I found it amazing and magical. The opening Muppet Newsflash gag seguewaying into that beautiful two page spread of the whole Muppet stage to me is worth the $3. Langridge makes a lot of great segueways throughout the whole issue.

I hope non hardcore fans pick it up!

And I noticed in the next to the last page, there seems to be a lot of alternative covers that were done?
Im glad to hear this series will be extended past the 4th series,
as we've all been waiting many many years for something like this. I knew right away when I first saw Langridge's test page a couple years back that his style was perfect for the Muppets.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Okay, I've read the ten-page online preview, and read the description at Muppet Wiki, but does the comci ever say what the letter Kermit got was all about? Seems like an important plot point, and the description at Muppet Wiki makes a point of mentioning it, but what is the letter about that makes Kermit homesick?
Yeah, it's in the last few pages. Don't want to spoil anything, though . . .

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Loved the comic. My two and a half year old actually saw it first on our wednesday trip to the comic store. She even picked which cover she wanted. SHe held onto the thing for dear life it seemed and kept shout "kermit, kermit" all the way to the check out. I though it was really good actually. It had the set up of the muppet show but the sweet sentimentally of the Muppet Movie. My daughter has looked at it about a dozen times now and she definatly give it her seal of approval. I guess I hope thats where this goes and reaches that next generation of Muppet fans. My wife and I were discussing the art and we both agreed that if they looked too much like the actual puppets and were not stylized it probaly would not work in the comic format. I guess what I'm saying is the art has really grown on me. it is different but very well done.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Grrr I could not find it anywhere yesterday, so i spent the money on a football game. Now i'll have to wait till thrusday when I get paied.

King Prawn

Reaction score
It's been a while since i was last here, very excited about all the new stuff going on.

I'm trying to find an online comic site that ships comics internationally, can anyone reccomend a good online comic store?

:coy::excited::smirk:

BlakeMP

Reaction score
Try mycomicshop.com or milehighcomics.com. Both good services.

For those of you looking for the comic outside of comic shops, it sounds like Barnes & Noble is going to get it first. Here's an interview with Boom! Studios about the distribution deal: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=20585

I absolutely LOVED the first issue. Perfectly captured the controlled chaos of the Muppets. Even the "songs" worked on the printed page, something I never would have thought they could make happen.