Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I still haven't bought it yet. I'm hoping it'll be at Borders if I go there soon, BOOM will be used as a last resort (I don't really want to pay for shipping).

Redsonga

Reaction score
I don't like the style of Kermit ether but I am going to be getting the book :smile:. In fact it is shipping along with my monthly issue of Fantastic Four soon :smile:. IMHO as long as we are buying it it doesn't matter what we each think of the art style because we are still supporting it being made :big_grin:
Like I said before, my online comic shop (not really mine, but the one I get all my comics from) has very low shipping rates :3. But the issue is sold out, I think it is selling very well....

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've been wondering if the middle circle images on the "B" covers are artwork used in the stories, and now that it's been released, does the Kermit image on cover B appear elsewhere in the comic book?

DTWolf

Reaction score
Oh please. DT Wolf, you got it all wrong. Comics are meant to be distorted and strange, off beat if you will. It was a miraculous tribute to everything Henson. Langridge hit every beat... Just great. I felt like a kid again. He certainly got it right.
Hmm. I'm not sure how to respond to this. I guess first is to state the obvious, that we'll all have our own opinions over whether a story works or not. I can't criticize if you liked it more than I did.

And as for being a "tribute to everything Henson," I'll repeat that the creators clearly love and know the Muppets. No argument about the goals or integrity of the people involved and no debate that this is a heartfelt celebration of Muppetdom.

But your third sentence. . . . I feel a need to say I've been reading comics for 20+ years--super-hero, drama, comedy, slice-of-life, and more; U.S. and Japanese, as well as some British work. I'm fully aware of the many things "comics are meant to be."

And as a child I had a Muppet comic magazine (a story about the Muppets visiting a haunted house--my favorite pages spotlighted the ever-wonderful Thog) that I read, literally, to pieces. Eventualy my Mom was after me to throw away the few loose pages I still had that I refused to let go of. Right now on my shelf I've got a paperback collecting some 1980s Muppet comic strips by Guy and Brad Gilchrist, not to mention a number of issues of Muppet Magazine from the 1980s, which frequently had two- or three-page illustrated stories. And there are plenty of other things out there with "comics-style" Muppets. The drawings are stylized and don't look exactly like the physical Muppets, and I'm okay with that. Like I said, some stylization is okay.

That doesn't mean Kermit's head can be a gumdrop.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Didn't manage to get to a comic book store... went somewhere that sold comics, and they had the 2 different covers for the Incredibles comics BOOM is producing, so I know they may have got them in, and they probably sold out.

This weekend, I'm actually going to look for it. Somehow, I thought it was supposed to come out in April, and it slipped my mind.

Redsonga

Reaction score
My comic shop is sending me the variant covers of the TMS comic so I think they will be doing the same with Robin Hood, that I have on pre-order :3

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The A cover is sort of what I was expecting. I haven't been too critical of how the characters have been drawn, and the artwork seems to be improving, but man, Miss Piggy sure does look badly-drawn on both covers.

The Narrator

Reaction score
I get my comics delivered bi-weekly, so my copy is scheduled to arrive (finally!) this Saturday. In the list of all the excellent pulls for this shipment, this is my most anticipated--even beating out Farscape #3. While, from what I've seen, the artwork doesn't really excite me, I'm looking forward to a fresh look at the classic Muppet Show humor. If that's not oxymoronic. More after I get it and read it.