Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to admit, I'm a little relieved I didn't have to buy both Darkwing Duck and either Muppet comic together this week. Though, usually when both Muppet comics come out, some of my comic retailers only manage to get one of the two, leaving me to track the other down.

That said, I just can't recommend the Darkwing comics enough. It's the best thing I've seen since the show ended. I really hope this starts up some sort of resergence in the character's popularity. at least enough for a small wave of merchandise. At least a T-shirt where he's colored correctly.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I have to admit, I'm a little relieved I didn't have to buy both Darkwing Duck and either Muppet comic together this week. Though, usually when both Muppet comics come out, some of my comic retailers only manage to get one of the two, leaving me to track the other down.

That said, I just can't recommend the Darkwing comics enough. It's the best thing I've seen since the show ended. I really hope this starts up some sort of resergence in the character's popularity. at least enough for a small wave of merchandise. At least a T-shirt where he's colored correctly.
I'm mad that my hastings doesn't have the newest Fraggle Rock or the Darkwing Duck ones. I want them so bad. I haven't been to the one place that sells the comics that i normally go to but haven't had any money. I just hope i can get at least the Darkwing Duck ones soon before i miss out on them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, Fraggle Rock is basically on break until October, so if you're waiting for #4 of FR, you're out of luck.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just recently got issue #8, and it looks like Hilda is among the gang backstage. At first I had trouble figuring out who she is, but I think Hilda is hard to draw. It looks like the right basic look, even if it doesn't look quite right. But I doubt Langridge would put in a random design like that backstage with other regular characters without explaining who she is in the comic (a minor character that the public at large might not know, perhaps, but not an original design). There is also some random hunchback-type character who appears in a few panels with the main cast, and given dialogue, but I think that character's presence is part of a gag.

Also, Tough Pigs now has a preview for issue #9 (and also the final issue of Muppet Snow White).

John Takis

Reaction score
Hi guys ... can anyone confirm whether "On The Road" and future trade collections are ONLY being released in softcover from now on? I tried to search the forum, and couldn't find any info. But if "On The Road" was released in hardcover, I can't find it anywhere!

(Also, does the OTR trade include the Pigs In Space one-shot?)

Drtooth

Reaction score
(Also, does the OTR trade include the Pigs In Space one-shot?)
We can all answer that with a definite yes. After all, the arc was shortened to 3 issues due to the inclusion of Pigs in Space in the graphic novel version.

Anyone notice we're not getting 2 different covers of this issue? Is that going to be a new direction?

John Takis

Reaction score
This is their website.
I see no hardcovers on their website, so I suppose that answers my question. I just wondered if there had been any kind of announcement confirming that production on those had ceased. I suppose the first few must not have sold well enough to justify more, which is disheartening...

dwmckim

Reaction score
I just recently got issue #8, and it looks like Hilda is among the gang backstage. At first I had trouble figuring out who she is, but I think Hilda is hard to draw. It looks like the right basic look, even if it doesn't look quite right. But I doubt Langridge would put in a random design like that backstage with other regular characters without explaining who she is in the comic (a minor character that the public at large might not know, perhaps, but not an original design).
Langridge draws Hilda a lot (he seems to be fond of incorporating Mildred and Hilda as audience members or in random places) but this was the first issue where for some odd reason she was colored differently.