Muppet Show Season 4 coming in 2013

Quesal

Reaction score
Season 1 came out the summer before I started 8th grade (last year of middle school) and now I'm in the middle of freshman year of college. Insanity these season sets I tell ya.
Crazy! And yet Fraggle Rock has already come out on DVD in season sets and 2 different complete series sets. insane!

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Season 1 came out the summer before I started 8th grade (last year of middle school) and now I'm in the middle of freshman year of college. Insanity these season sets I tell ya.
You guys are starting to make me feel really old :stick_out_tongue:

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I had just finished my freshman year of high school and thought "Oh boy I can't wait to own ALL FIVE seasons and watch them ALL THE TIME!" Now my youthful idealism has been squashed. My family thought it was because of three years of college but really it's because I don't have all of my Muppet Show yet.

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
I haven't bought any of the Muppet Show seasons because I thought that a Complete Series Box set would be released eventually. I just might have to buy the seasons just so that the last 2 seasons can be released.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I haven't bought any of the Muppet Show seasons because I thought that a Complete Series Box set would be released eventually. I just might have to buy the seasons just so that the last 2 seasons can be released.
Still it might make sense to wait; look what happened with the Fraggle DVDs. Nobody was expecting that! You never know how these things are going to play out.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yea I casn't wait to see the new movie come out on bluRay!

dwmckim

Reaction score
I see the tweak the mods made to the thread title! The thing is at this point does anyone know for sure that it is indeed coming in 2011? I mean, yeah it's a very logical assumption - but right now unless someone else has heard something i haven't - it is no more than an assumption.

If the reason for the long delay is to release it closer to the movie, that's still not to say it would be before and not after the release - meaning it might not be til '12.

In the meantime whatever the reason for the long delay they REALLY need to get SOMETHING Muppety on dvd out there - where the frog is that USA release on Studio DC?

If the delay is due to some snag with something specific to season 4's content, why not go ahead and put out season 5 first? Yeah, it's unconventional and a trifle confusing, but the Muppets is one of the few shows that can get away with that. On the back, the text can read "After the top selling first, second, and third seasons of The Muppet Show, we proudly present the long-awaited SEASON FIVE! (Fozzie forgot how to count - season four will be next!)" On each of the live dvd menus, there can be a different gag...

DISC ONE:
Kermit: "And now the Muppets proudly present the dvd box set you've all been waiting for - The Muppet Show Season Fou..."
Gonzo (pops up): "Season Five!"
Kermit: "Season Five? What happened to season four?"
Gonzo: "It's in the laundry."
Kermit: "What's it doing in the laundry?"
Gonzo: "The spin circle."

DISC TWO:
Miss Piggy: "If you thought moi had some fabulous music numbers in the first three seasons of The Muppet Show, you should see the GANGBUSTERS performances I do in Season Four!"
Scooter: "Yeah, you should see them all right! But not today."
Miss Piggy: "WHAT?"
Scooter: "Carl ate season four!"
Big Mean Carl enters and burps: "Thank you!"
Scooter: "Of course some of your best production numbers was in Season Five! How 'bout we show that in the meantime?"

DISC THREE:
Fozzie: "Greetings. My name is Fozzie and I'll be your waiter."
Kermit: "Fozzie, what do we need a waiter for?"
Fozzie: "Because we have to WAIT for season four to be ready."
Kermit: "What do you mean season four's not ready?"
Fozzie: "It's undercooked."
Kermit: "I don't believe that."
Swedish Chef comes out babbling Swedish.
Kermit: "I believe it."
Fozzie: "So in the meantime, we'll have to go ahead and serve season five and release season four later."
Kermit: "You sure that's a good idea?"
fozzie: "Sure - there's always room for dessert!"

DISC FOUR:
Statler: "You wrote."
Waldorf: "You called."
Statler: "You emailed."
Walforf: "You texted."
Statler: "You picketed."
Waldorf: "You yodeled."
Statler: "But unfortunately, they went ahead and released another box set of Muppet Show episodes anyway."
Waldorf: "Isn't there anything that can be done?"
Statler: "I wish there was. I'd rather watch anything than Season Four of The Muppet Show!"
Rizzo: "All right you two. We get the message!"
Waldorf: "Really? You mean..."
Rizzo: "Yep - here's season FIVE of The Muppet Show!"
Statler and Waldorf: "Oh rats!"

You get the idea. Just throwing that out there...

dwayne1115

Reaction score
what happend to the petion or the letters that people where writeing did we all just give up or something.

Quesal

Reaction score
I see the tweak the mods made to the thread title! The thing is at this point does anyone know for sure that it is indeed coming in 2011? I mean, yeah it's a very logical assumption - but right now unless someone else has heard something i haven't - it is no more than an assumption.

If the reason for the long delay is to release it closer to the movie, that's still not to say it would be before and not after the release - meaning it might not be til '12.

In the meantime whatever the reason for the long delay they REALLY need to get SOMETHING Muppety on dvd out there - where the frog is that USA release on Studio DC?

If the delay is due to some snag with something specific to season 4's content, why not go ahead and put out season 5 first? Yeah, it's unconventional and a trifle confusing, but the Muppets is one of the few shows that can get away with that. On the back, the text can read "After the top selling first, second, and third seasons of The Muppet Show, we proudly present the long-awaited SEASON FIVE! (Fozzie forgot how to count - season four will be next!)" On each of the live dvd menus, there can be a different gag...

DISC ONE:
Kermit: "And now the Muppets proudly present the dvd box set you've all been waiting for - The Muppet Show Season Fou..."
Gonzo (pops up): "Season Five!"
Kermit: "Season Five? What happened to season four?"
Gonzo: "It's in the laundry."
Kermit: "What's it doing in the laundry?"
Gonzo: "The spin circle."

DISC TWO:
Miss Piggy: "If you thought moi had some fabulous music numbers in the first three seasons of The Muppet Show, you should see the GANGBUSTERS performances I do in Season Four!"
Scooter: "Yeah, you should see them all right! But not today."
Miss Piggy: "WHAT?"
Scooter: "Carl ate season four!"
Big Mean Carl enters and burps: "Thank you!"
Scooter: "Of course some of your best production numbers was in Season Five! How 'bout we show that in the meantime?"

DISC THREE:
Fozzie: "Greetings. My name is Fozzie and I'll be your waiter."
Kermit: "Fozzie, what do we need a waiter for?"
Fozzie: "Because we have to WAIT for season four to be ready."
Kermit: "What do you mean season four's not ready?"
Fozzie: "It's undercooked."
Kermit: "I don't believe that."
Swedish Chef comes out babbling Swedish.
Kermit: "I believe it."
Fozzie: "So in the meantime, we'll have to go ahead and serve season five and release season four later."
Kermit: "You sure that's a good idea?"
fozzie: "Sure - there's always room for dessert!"

DISC FOUR:
Statler: "You wrote."
Waldorf: "You called."
Statler: "You emailed."
Walforf: "You texted."
Statler: "You picketed."
Waldorf: "You yodeled."
Statler: "But unfortunately, they went ahead and released another box set of Muppet Show episodes anyway."
Waldorf: "Isn't there anything that can be done?"
Statler: "I wish there was. I'd rather watch anything than Season Four of The Muppet Show!"
Rizzo: "All right you two. We get the message!"
Waldorf: "Really? You mean..."
Rizzo: "Yep - here's season FIVE of The Muppet Show!"
Statler and Waldorf: "Oh rats!"

You get the idea. Just throwing that out there...
Oh that is just priceless!