Fozzie Illustration

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I'm sick of contemporary movie posters, too. :stick_out_tongue:

I prefer the ones that were drawn and/or painted, they looked a whole lot better and not as...squeaky clean.

I'm all for it! :excited: (Let's hope Disney is!)

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
I'm all for hand-drawn stuff....

I always loved the old movie posters way better than the "clip-art-thrown-together-at-the-last-minute" styled stuff of today.

Best of luck to you Stuart! I for one am a huge fan of your muppet illustrations and I would love to see you get paid for it.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Drew Struzan's illustrated take on the Muppets marks the best cinematic feel to me.
The Muppet Movie
Great Muppet Caper
Muppet Christmas Carol
Muppet Treasure Island
Henson Specials
and Emmet Otter
were all done by this fantastic artist. Not sure who did MTM or MFS's style one and style two, but to me they miss a little bit of the magic of the others.

I think Stuart's take on the characters is pitch-perfect and Disney should take note and stop using the same tired 90's clip art they've been using. I also think it's time to take some new character photos. The thing is, they have a wealth of wonderful classic photos in their archives that they never use.

Photoshop is a fantastic tool, but only in the hands of someone who can already draw and has a keen eye. I doubt the new film will get a graphic poster like Struzan's work, but I think they should go for Stuart's photo-realistic drawings. My two cents. I just wants me a Muppet movie and some new artwork coming out too. I miss the updates in this thread.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Now, those are the types of movie posters I like! (His portrait of Taminella was great!) :excited:

There's a certain richness to them that is lost when you just put photos together digitally. There's no way you could ever get a sense of warmth like that through a machine!

(No offence meant to anyone who chooses to create that way. I just prefer the look of paint.)

Nick22

Reaction score
i know! i hope the project hasn't been scrapped :frown:

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
I'm sure it hasn't.
I sure hope it hasn't.

Stuart's website hasn't been updated in awhile. But I'm sure he's working diligently and planning on presenting a huge update for all of us that are following his work. *hint* *hint*:wink:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa, don't panic folks - I ain't dead. I'm really REALLY trying hard to become self employed at the moment which is taking up most of my time. There has been a "development" with the muppets - I will tell more when I know more. Trust me when I say this project is far from dead, I have done a significant amount of work since I last showed anything but I really feel I need to show something BIG to win folks over after such a long period since I last updated. Please, please, PLEASE keep the faith folks, this project was done solely for myself and others like-minded and my intention to give us muppet fans something we have never seen before. I promise I'll post something new ASAP!