19 Years Ago Today

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Oh gosh, I didn't realise it was today.
It makes the event I attended today a little extra poingent.
I went to a fundraising event (at my favourite showbiz shop) in aid of The Theatrical Guild. - More about that later, but during the last hour especially there was an extra burst of energy, which gave the event a lift (when everything was flagging), and that lift came from someone who had worked with Jim Henson (back in the days of TMS). I think perhaps he has had an irrevokable effect on the people he worked with, inspiring them not only as performers, but also as people. Buit I had no idea it weas 19 years ago to the day....:sympathy:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've been paying tribute to Jim by watching several of Jim Henson's Sesame Street performances on youtube, sesamestreet.org, and hulu. I watched Do De Rubber Duck, Rubber Duckie, A Song from Kermit, It's Alive, Kermit Guesses from Clues, Opposite Stuff, Sesame Street News: 1st Day of School, A Piece of Cake, The Audience Goes to Lunch, Kermit's Mystery Box, and many others.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I'm going to pay tribute tonight by watching a lot of Muppet movies. If I just get the first three classic Muppet movies in, I'll be happy.

We all miss you Jim. :frown:

Convincing John

Reaction score
I'm wearing my Kermit shirt today...for Jim.:smile: Later, on my way to get some supper, I'm going to play "The Rainbow Connection" in my van's CD player with the window down. (Not blasting loud, but just enough for people to hear).

I say it every year...I miss Jim, I love Jim and I thank him for all the lovely stuff he's done.

Convincing John

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Hmm, earlier today a The Theatrical Guild's 'Shopping With The Stars' event, I noticed that one of the 'Stars' taking part was wearing a Kermit The Frog watch. I wonder if that was connected to it being today of all days.