1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

19 Years Ago Today

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by JimmyDeanDog, May 16, 2009.

1. JimmyDeanDog

JimmyDeanDog Member

2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

3. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

4. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Active Member

5. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

Wow, almost 20 years. I really miss him :(
  6. Skekayuk

Skekayuk Member

Oh gosh, I didn't realise it was today.
    It makes the event I attended today a little extra poingent.
    I went to a fundraising event (at my favourite showbiz shop) in aid of The Theatrical Guild. - More about that later, but during the last hour especially there was an extra burst of energy, which gave the event a lift (when everything was flagging), and that lift came from someone who had worked with Jim Henson (back in the days of TMS). I think perhaps he has had an irrevokable effect on the people he worked with, inspiring them not only as performers, but also as people. Buit I had no idea it weas 19 years ago to the day....:sympathy:
  7. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I've been paying tribute to Jim by watching several of Jim Henson's Sesame Street performances on youtube, sesamestreet.org, and hulu. I watched Do De Rubber Duck, Rubber Duckie, A Song from Kermit, It's Alive, Kermit Guesses from Clues, Opposite Stuff, Sesame Street News: 1st Day of School, A Piece of Cake, The Audience Goes to Lunch, Kermit's Mystery Box, and many others.
  8. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I'm going to pay tribute tonight by watching a lot of Muppet movies. If I just get the first three classic Muppet movies in, I'll be happy.

We all miss you Jim. :(
  9. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

I'm wearing my Kermit shirt today...for Jim.:) Later, on my way to get some supper, I'm going to play "The Rainbow Connection" in my van's CD player with the window down. (Not blasting loud, but just enough for people to hear).

I say it every year...I miss Jim, I love Jim and I thank him for all the lovely stuff he's done.

Convincing John
  10. Skekayuk

Skekayuk Member

Hmm, earlier today a The Theatrical Guild's 'Shopping With The Stars' event, I noticed that one of the 'Stars' taking part was wearing a Kermit The Frog watch. I wonder if that was connected to it being today of all days.
  11. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

You ever wonder what would happen if Jim were still alive today?
  12. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

i prayed for him a couple times today. and i rully wish i couldve met him. :(
  13. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Funny, I just saw the film For Your Consideration today for the first time and in the bonus features there was a cut scene of a ventriloquest telling her dummy she wouldn't crouch down under a desk. The dummy replied, "It was good enough for Jim Henson!" :) ;)

But anyway, I recall in one of MC's tribute pages how in 1990 children had sent all these letters in tribute to Jim and one of them said, "I guess they needed Muppets in Heaven." That's always been a very comforting notion. :)
  14. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

i just made a tribute video. ill send the link once it gets all set and stuff.
  15. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

nvm. it wont freakin upload
  16. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

Sigh. It rolls around every year, but watching some Muppets in tribute is a great thing to do.
  17. EmMonster

EmMonster New Member

All the time. It makes me kinda sad, he died really young and if he lived longer he could've done more :(. But we can't really spend too much time on the "what ifs", the good thing is that even though the performers won't be around forever, the muppets will live on as long as someone can puppeteer them.
    I made a tribute video where I sang rainbow connection and talked about how awesome he was, but apparently it sucked so much that it only got 2 1/2 stars, so I don't really know if you guys want to see it.
  18. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

The world really is a better place for having him, and at the same time, the world just hasn't been the same without him. God, I miss you, Jim... we all miss you.
  19. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

Hear, hear.

Here's to you Jim - you made the Muppets, and all the magic and silliness and weirdness, possible.

(And I'm waiting for Sam the Eagle to say "You are all weirdoes!")
  20. vettech28

vettech28 Active Member

RIP Jim Henson.
    The world has been a wonderful place when you were here. If it weren't for you, there would be no Muppets. No Muppets, no wonderful characters that had a sense of humor and lots of heart, just like you.

Also RIP Richard Hunt, Jerry Juhl,Don Sahlin, Joe Raposo and Jeff Moss for bringing loads of Muppet magic to the world and it will last for years and years