Will new "classic" Guy Smiley sketches return for Season 40?

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm feeling a bit anxious since Guy Smiley made his comeback next year. So since he's back, does this mean they're going to return Beat the Time and Here Is Your Life? Or some new game shows? Just curious.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm feeling a bit anxious since Guy Smiley made his comeback next year. So since he's back, does this mean they're going to return Beat the Time and Here Is Your Life? Or some new game shows? Just curious.

Guy Smiley was just recast, and actually featured, as a surprise, as a main player in a main street story. And it took them over 15 years for a solid recast of the character.... as Dave Golez said, a character has to come deep from a performer, and finding a new actor to play a role means that they not have to only sound similar, but they have to have a deep feel for the character as well. I really think Eric has a good hold on him so far. I wouldn't doubt seeing him in a few new skits.

Now, I would add I doubt that we'd see older Guy skits (unless they show Do De Duck again)... mainly because we rarely get to see those older skits anyway. Back when they used to have an Ernie and Bert skit in every single episode (since season 33), occassionally, they'd show something as far back as the late 70's. But that was about it. Seeing any Guy skits would mean they'd have to have time to show any old skit, featuring Grover, Cookie, Elmo... any of the characters that are well established on the show now.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
I'm sorry, that's not what I had in mind. I mean, since they brought back Guy Smiley, will they make the new episodes of Beat the Time and Here Is Your Life? And I know, time will tell.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm sorry, that's not what I had in mind. I mean, since they brought back Guy Smiley, will they make the new episodes of Beat the Time and Here Is Your Life? And I know, time will tell.
Though Joey Mazzarino thinks the character should be kept seperate from other major characters, I think Murray Monster could work in a Beat the Time sketch.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I would be surprised if they had Guy smiley hosting a very special 40th anniversary game show of Sesame Street for a half hour. :wisdom:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, they could make some new Guy Smiley skits. They made an updated version of "Monsterpiece Theater" a few seasons back.