Introducing the Chipettes: Brittany, Eleanor, and Jeanette!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actresses:
  • Anna Faris as Brittany
  • Christina Applegate as Jeanette
  • Amy Poehler as Eleanor
I don't like speaking in internet memes, but WOOT! They are NOT casting Miley as any of the Chipettes. Praise the Great Worm Spirit! Thank Toutatis!

Bolt is the ONLY movie I ever plan on seeing her in. I'm not a fan, she can have her little kiddy shows and CD's... I don't care. But I don't wanna see her in a movie.

Anyway, I am actually mixed the Chipettes are in the second film. On the one hand, I'm glad to see it... on the other hand... I'm afraid it's going to be Fan-servicey.... After the first movie came out everyone was buzzing about how they wanted to see the Chipettes in it. The creators seemed... well, not unwilling, but like they wanted to save them for a third movie.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I don't like speaking in internet memes, but WOOT! They are NOT casting Miley as any of the Chipettes. Praise the Great Worm Spirit! Thank Toutatis!

Bolt is the ONLY movie I ever plan on seeing her in. I'm not a fan, she can have her little kiddy shows and CD's... I don't care. But I don't wanna see her in a movie.

Anyway, I am actually mixed the Chipettes are in the second film. On the one hand, I'm glad to see it... on the other hand... I'm afraid it's going to be Fan-servicey.... After the first movie came out everyone was buzzing about how they wanted to see the Chipettes in it. The creators seemed... well, not unwilling, but like they wanted to save them for a third movie.
I'm just glad they got funny people to voice the Chipettes. Not like it matters all that much with the distortion, but the line delivery is best left to the skill of proven funny actresses. And the design also looks pretty good. It's hard to pair furry and feminine without going to cel animation. :flirt:

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's hard to pair furry and feminine without going to cel animation. :flirt:
SHHHH! Don't say those two "F" words together... I've seen stuff on deviantart that made my flesh crawl.... :big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
SHHHH! Don't say those two "F" words together... I've seen stuff on deviantart that made my flesh crawl.... :big_grin:
I didn't even think of that. Well, they don't look like that either. Good thing! :eek:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Long story short, lot of perverted Fifi LaFume fans there. Be careful what you search for. :eek:

Anyway, I wonder if David Cross will be in this movie. I really think the movie really benefited from his character. His greedy, dripping with false sincerity agent really made the film a lot better than it was. I think Jason Lee was woefully miscast, and seemed to be there for a paycheck. That was the only problem I had with the film (still think they shoulda gotten Bob Sagat and just used camera tricks to make him look younger). I find it very odd that he wasn't really like Dave Seville....and yet, the woman playing his love interrest looked EXACTLY like Janice Karmine (sp?) the wife of Ross Jr.

I wonder if Ross and Janice have given the chipmunks to a new, younger troop of performers. I got that undenaAble album (which is pretty good, I must admit) and they seem to have some new people singing their vocals. Except they still perform them in one other song. You actually can't tell the difference.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Cute, yet somehow very creepy. Not sure how I feel about this.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Wow! That's really great casting and kind of a waste. These people need to be in a real film together and not just on a animated film.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Chipettes – Yay!
Smurfs – Woo-hoo!
Spidey 4 – Neat.
Astro boy – Er, uh, okay.
Shrek 4 – *sigh, really?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Chipettes – Yay!
Smurfs – Woo-hoo!
Spidey 4 – Neat.
Astro boy – Er, uh, okay.
Shrek 4 – *sigh, really?
Spider-man 4 is really supposed to go back to the original comic idea. Sam Raimi listened too much to Sony with the whole Venom tie-in. That was pretty much slapped on and it fragmented the film. I think they'll go with Kraven for 4.

Smurfs could go either way. It's been tied up in development forever. It's good to hear something's happening.

I'll see the Chimpmunk Squeakuel. I really liked the first for a guilty fun pleasure even though it was directed by the horrible man that screwed up Muppets From Space. :embarrassed: