Waiting for Season 40

SSLFan

Reaction score
Probably because they aren't trying to shove 15 different curriculum down their kids at once. And maybe foreign parents aren't the same fussbudgets their US counterparts are.
Lol yeah. Sesamstrasse kind of reminds of how SS would be today if it hadn't changed it's entire format and listened to all those soccer moms & 'curriculum people'.

For instance, I like what they're doing with Ernie & Bert over there. Having them out in the real world and remaking classic American segments and updating them to make it seem more 'realistic'. It makes me think that's how they probably would've turned out today.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
That sums up why i think Sesamstrasse is the best out of all the co-productions.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Lol yeah. Sesamstrasse kind of reminds of how SS would be today if it hadn't changed it's entire format and listened to all those soccer moms & 'curriculum people'.
I remember watching the Today show or something and Sonia was on it talking about how they have all these big conflicting reports, and half of them contradict the other half. One says kids like short segments, one says kids like long segments... I say, the heck with these reports and they should just do the show they want. And as for curriculum... most of these things they had ALWAYS taught... environmental issues, reading, math, health... they just were able to get the point across without bludgeoning their audience about the head with it. I mean, sure the health thing was a kneejerk reaction to the childhood obesity hype-ademic, and the show still wants to keep bludgeoning (I still think it's a PR thing because they have to have McDonald's fund them).

I really should watch the segment first in November to make a final judgement and everything... but it seems like yet another example of Seasame Street needing to branch out and make a new half hour show featuring all these longer segments. Too bad they don't have the money, and PBS wouldn't let them have another half hour... something tells me PBS is trying to push them out the door for some new "interactive CGI" show just like every single other one of them out there.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
And I don't think E&B replaces the puppet characters at all. If the show was longer, there would be room for both.
Well, that's something that could alternate per episode as well. They could have 'Great Adventures' one day, than a classic Muppet E & B sketch the next day. I think that would work out.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I kind of intrigued at what this "block" format is.