New Disney Muppets Figures Revealed

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh! I get it...These are Mickey repaints...I get it...but I still think they are sinfully ugly.

However, the Miss Piggy one has awesome gloves.

beaker

Reaction score
I guess they are cool if you are a collector of the vinal figs, but as a collector of Palisades...nothing alike at all.

They are more like something from Duplo, or Lego.
Whoah, does every Muppet figure that comes out have to compare to Palisades? I always believed smaller Muppet figures, in the
1978 Fisher Price/2003 Jack in the Box kids meal/2003-2004 Palisades Mini Muppets scale would be the best way to go in order to release the most amount of figures. to me the Palisades line are more like statues.

They are basically just a Mickey Mouse base figure with repaints to turn them into Muppet figures.
Looking closely at em, yeah you're right. I notice all the big vinyl figures are like that. Virtually every GI Joe, Transformer, Indiana Jones, Marvel, etc Mighty Muggs figure have all the exact same physical base. Which means they should sell blank white ones so you can customize your own.

Also that means you can pretty much buy any of the mickey 3" vinyl figures and paint your own. You can make a Bobo the Bear, A Gobo, heck even a Digit.

beaker

Reaction score
Oh! I get it...These are Mickey repaints...I get it...but I still think they are sinfully ugly.

However, the Miss Piggy one has awesome gloves.
Still, you have to admit they'd go perfect with the City Critters line.

Just weird to see vinyl and vinyl blind box figures so popular now, as I remember those when they were still underground

Beauregard

Reaction score
Beakie, I only commented on their comparison to Palisades, as Count asked. They are nothing like, and they are more like Duplo or Lego creations. I stand by what I said :stick_out_tongue:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah man. And Palisades aren't statues... Macfarlin, those are statues. And I did say I support the multi-teared smaller-sized Muppaverse figurine idea, heck, I used to collect the SST ones back in the day. The truth is, I sorta got scared off of Vinylmation from a review done of the first set of ten about a year ago on the Disney Pincast. I highly recommend listening to it if you like Disney pin merchandise, and join our growing IPLS group as well. Anyway, the Vinylmation just left a sort of bad feeling for me, given I have no access to it beside that which others describe of them until I decide to get one in my hands. If you guys like Vinylmation figures, that's perfectly okay too. There's enough of a market for that within the parks and stores. Would just love to get a continuation of the Palisades quality for TMS or through to the other realms of the Muppaverse either in full figure or small PVC figurine form.

matleo

Reaction score
Bleh. I'll pass. Don't care much for the look of them. I'll pass.

Fluffets

Reaction score
OMG disney's ideas for money get worse and worse on these threads!:eek: These things don't look right at all, especially piggy's head and snout. Plus the ear thing only works for characters with erm....EARS! How are they meant to explain how D.r Bunsen Honeydew got these freakish mouse ears? Experiment gone wrong? Thats also the phrase I'd use to describe these freaks of nature, it may work for mickey mouse and maybe Rizzo but it doesen't work for every muppet. Face it people, muppets weren't destined for this sort of thing, these things were made for mickey mouse, not Kermit T frog although the kermit is the only one that looks right, clever ideas with the eyes there, but as a whole set I think they look terrible.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
When looking at those I can't help thinking of these, which I think are cooler. But yeah, these arn't the best looking bunch I've seen. There ok, but the thing I don't like is they leave the big 'ears' on there when some characters don't have big ears like that, it just looks awkard. But as long as people who like that stuff like it, then It'll be ok.

Fluffets

Reaction score
When looking at those I can't help thinking of these, which I think are cooler. But yeah, these arn't the best looking bunch I've seen. There ok, but the thing I don't like is they leave the big 'ears' on there when some characters don't have big ears like that, it just looks awkard. But as long as people who like that stuff like it, then It'll be ok.
I guess, plus your very right about a lot of this stuff, those things you mentioned do look much better, remind me of palisades a little, are those things megos btw? I don't know much about them except they look sort of like that, sort of like playmobil.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Those are Kubricks, and they're made mostly in Japan. They remined me of the vinyl figures because they both come in blind boxes, and they are both the same basic pattern, execpt in Kubricks case, the heads are mostly diffrent shapes. There's Kubricks of almost everything.