1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New Disney Muppets Figures Revealed

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by beaker, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

if we got sculptures like that, that would just be amazingly extreme awesomeness. i can see them now! :D i hope we start getting more and more muppet merchandise. i mean, it seems like there is more and more coming, so im pretty much thinking that the muppets have a very bright future!
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

With Crazy Harry around, the future is always bright...with a flash...and a boom...and stuff falling down.
  3. Fluffets

Fluffets New Member

Yeah, can I also suggest a few more ideas for the statues? I think I shall list my personal favourites:

The rainbow Connection
    Kermit's memorable bike scene
    Piggy's beserk fight scene
    Gonzo's balloon incident
    The Great Muppet Caper bike scene with kermit and piggy
    a few statues of the baseball diamond-catching scene
    Kermit and piggy getting married
    The rats in the kitchen
    Ocean Breaze Soap

and now here's a few The Muppet Show scenes that should DEFINATELY be made in statue form

Mahna Mahna
    Rowlf at his piano
    Gonzo doing some sort of feat of acrobatics (and lunatic-daring!)
    Fozzie telling a joke
    Kermit at his desk
    News Reporter-style Kermit and the koozebanian Phoob
    Robot Kermit
    Hugga Wugga
    Statler and Waldorf making comments
    Veterinarians Hospital
    Pigs In Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace

:D
  4. MuppetMazz

MuppetMazz Member

"30 seconds to curtain!" - Scooter peeking his head around a door. That would make a good statue as well.
  5. ohtherain

ohtherain New Member

I am collecting the line and I really like the designs on each of the different Mickeys. Alas, I have no duplicates yet but I have no Kermit. I was looking at that list of the new characters and I was really pleased and suddenly I noticed; no Pepe! That's something new.
  6. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

definitely! those all sound awesome! i'd definitely want veterinarian's hospital!
  7. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Between 1990 and 1994 I took a long break from anything Muppet/JH related. But by late 1995, I had once again became a rabid Muppet fan. By 1998 I had once again became an obsessed Muppet fan as I had been throughout the early til late 1980's growing up.

However, between 1995 and 2002 there was not that much Muppet stuff. Occasionally some Applause stuff here and there.
    1999 of course saw *some* Muppet stuff with the release of MFS.

But it was the whole advent of the Sababa/Palisades/Fun-4-All
    era from 2002-2003 which brought about a tsunami of Muppet related items in stores. Heck we even saw a lot of cool Fraggle Rock stuff in that time. Everywhere you went, it seemed there was cool Muppet stuff.

Now, absolutely nada(tho if you have an FYE in your local mall, they have a new Kermit lunchbox)
    I believe there will be a massive new Muppet resurgence beginning next year. (I know, more wait time)

The ONLY toys being carried at most stores are
    Transformers, GI Joe, Star Wars, WWE Wrestling, DC and Marvel characters, and the Pokemon type stuff. So it seems its the online world where people are getting their figures, especially the more collector market...and these Disney Vinylmations seem like they are squarely being marketed toward the collector/Urban Outfitters type crowd.
  8. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

What we REALLY need, what would be the most cost effective, the most popular, and would be able to cover the most amount of characters would be Muppet action figures in the 3.5-4" range
    these:
    http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Muppet_Show_Stick_Puppets
    and these
    http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Muppets_Take_Hollywood_PVC_figures
    and these
    http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Sesame_Street_PVC_figures_(Tara_Toys)#Jointed_Figures
    and these(except, being actually articulated)
    http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/File:Palisades-mini-wave03.jpg

These are by far my absolute favorite Muppet items and figures of all time, the best I feel ever produced. And it has always been my dream since the early 1980's that such a line is fully realized past a first initial wave.

Ive been saying it for 10 years on this site, and although virtually noone agrees; I feel universally these would be the best received figure style Disney could make.

The Palisades line of course is amazing and unprecedented(albeit grossly under appreciated by the public at large with way way way too much bickering from the fan community between 2001-2005) My favorite of course, was Palisades mini Muppet line. I mean, Mahna Mahna and the Snowths in figure form? Way too cool.
  9. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

You know... about a year or two ago, I FINALLY saw a new Sesame Street PVC line up sold at the dollar store. For a dollar each. And they were pretty good quality. I'm not saying we have to make Muppet toys that cheap, but I wanna see smaller PVC's again too. Smaller, more affordable.. like 3-5 dollar stuff.

And I agree... everything you see in the toy stores is toys based off of movies based off of comics based off of toy lines...etc. and the latest worst possible show they could get from Japan (someone translate the new Yattaman already! You could make so much money off of those toys, and they don't suck). I hate how Online is the only place that has variety... I wanted the Ghostbuster figures that people kept talking about to hit stores... It's sad when toys marketed to preschoolers-first graders are more interresting than the general child action figure buying market... look at those Sesame Street collect-a-pals... vynal figures for the Fisher Price set. And they have Snuffy AND the Count!

It really is a shame we'll probably never see another Palisades type company come back in and do that sort of stuff with the Muppets... but I'm not saying they have to. These figures are a sign things are gonna perk back up. Maybe not to the 2003-2005 style when Muppet merchandise was everywhere and everything (we even had Candy Canes!)
  10. Fluffets

Fluffets New Member

Actually I think you forgot power rangers, theres like a "new" type of power ranger every freaking year! Kids go nuts for it!
    (I don't rly care for them much, never ever have) and theres also loads of Cars merchandise that people don't want, hanging around shop shelves! Also here in the UK and stuff we sometimes have doctor who merchandise which is another great market franchise.:D
  11. Drtooth

Actually..... Disney is pulling the plug on that one. I've never been big on the franchise, but it does have a very devoted, actually respectable fan base. And they're pretty ticked about it.

I wonder what Ban Dai is gonna do. It seems that was the ONLY toy line they got right. Somehow, Ban Dai never knew what it was supposed to do in America. None of it's toy lines succeeded, and they even canceled a cartoon series, a high rated one at that because the toy line didn't sell as good as they wanted it to. Shame, since it's a massive corporation/toy making Juggernaut in Japan. Their American product seemed.... well, like a C student trying to fudge a month long project into the last night of a weekend compared to their Japanese branch. But I digress.

Seems that urban 20 somethings have more variety in their collectibles, even though they all have the same over-all aspects. It's a real double jeopardy here... they won't support a cartoon series unless it's based on a toy line (or at least is toyetic), and companies are reluctant to make any new stuff that isn't movie based. So we don't even get cartoon based toys anymore.
  12. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

13. Drtooth

There are supposedly new Super Mario ones... but they never got the second wave of the vynals. Just the PVC's. And there are some Sonic toys in TRU. I remember when KB went under, they couldn't give the Guitar Hero toys away. They stood their helplessly with the Sludge Monster from Godzilla and the Hanna Montana LCD games.
  14. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

AHH! MY EYES! IT BURNS!

*Falls to the floor dead with eyes melted out from the sheer unpleasant look of them*

(Great now I have to replace his eyes!)
  15. MuppetMazz

MuppetMazz Member

Have they announced who the chase figure is yet?
  16. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Some of these were done as mini figures from the palisades line. The details were a bit soft because of the size but they are out there. Other scenes can be created with the figures, though it's not the same as a statue scene.
  17. tomahawk

tomahawk Member

It also seems like they are releasing a Rizzo as Mickey from Muppet 3D in the Parks series.
  18. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I saw that too. Here's a link to the picture on Muppet Wiki: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/muppet/images/c/cf/Muppet-vinylrizzopin.jpg

It looks like those are pictures of pin versions of the Vinylmation series. I have a pin of the Kermit Vinyl and I think I'd honestly prefer to collect pin versions if they make them all. Much easier to store and they look better too.
  19. I actually really like them! They are not a muppet item! There are over 100 different ones, all printed on a Mickey body sculpt.

Clear: http://www.vinylnation.net/vinyls/clearseries1/clear1.html

Disney Parks: http://www.vinylnation.net/vinyls/parkseries1/park1.html

http://www.vinylnation.net/vinyls/parkseries2/park2.html

And others: http://www.vinylnation.net/vinyls/urbanseries1/urban1.html

They have Disney rides and movies and all sorts of stuff. The Muppets are just another repaint! And as part of this series I think its really cool that they would even make the Muppets! They aren't meant to look exactly like the character... just fin on to a Mickey!
  20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It might not be a Muppet item yet, but it will be when they get their own planned series one of multiple ones to come next year. :)