New Disney Muppets Figures Revealed

Fluffets

Reaction score
Those are Kubricks, and they're made mostly in Japan. They remined me of the vinyl figures because they both come in blind boxes, and they are both the same basic pattern, execpt in Kubricks case, the heads are mostly diffrent shapes. There's Kubricks of almost everything.
Oh kubricks, whyd I say megos? I don't think there's such thing as megos lol, I think there was a toy company called mego or something, odd, thnx 4 the info btw Colby.:wink::big_grin::smile:

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Your Welcome. Also You might have been thinking of mego cause theres a toy called Megablocks. Its a toy like legos but bigger and for smaller kids.

Fluffets

Reaction score
Your Welcome. Also You might have been thinking of mego cause theres a toy called Megablocks. Its a toy like legos but bigger and for smaller kids.
Oh no I wasn't thinking of that, also megablocks is a small toy just like lego aswell as a big one like duplo, the small version doesen't stick together well though.:big_grin:

Nick22

Reaction score
they look rully weird. but i'll probably buy them anyway. XD

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Looking closely at em, yeah you're right. I notice all the big vinyl figures are like that. Virtually every GI Joe, Transformer, Indiana Jones, Marvel, etc Mighty Muggs figure have all the exact same physical base. Which means they should sell blank white ones so you can customize your own.
Um... Transformers don't have anything in common with GI-Joe or Indiana Jones...And Marvel has very...diverse bodies to there figures.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Just a clarification about Urban Vinyl

Um... Transformers don't have anything in common with GI-Joe or Indiana Jones...And Marvel has very...diverse bodies to there figures.
Mighty Muggs are a brand of urban vinyl that contains all of those characters listed: Transformers, GI-Joe, Indiana Jones, Marvel properties and especially Star Wars.

:search: This urban vinyl craze of creating a uniform short squat body to wrap with character imagery has now hit Disney with this Vinylmation craze that we've been talking about. Some like it, others don't. The biggest demographic for these is actually young adults, not kids as you'd expect.

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah man. And Palisades aren't statues... Macfarlin, those are statues. And I did say I support the multi-teared smaller-sized Muppaverse figurine idea, heck, I used to collect the SST ones back in the day. The truth is, I sorta got scared off of Vinylmation from a review done of the first set of ten about a year ago on the Disney Pincast. I highly recommend listening to it if you like Disney pin merchandise, and join our growing IPLS group as well. Anyway, the Vinylmation just left a sort of bad feeling for me, given I have no access to it beside that which others describe of them until I decide to get one in my hands. If you guys like Vinylmation figures, that's perfectly okay too. There's enough of a market for that within the parks and stores. Would just love to get a continuation of the Palisades quality for TMS or through to the other realms of the Muppaverse either in full figure or small PVC figurine form.
Oh no doubt, Mcfarlane figures have such a limited posability that they seem like statues. I meant in regards to Palisades Muppet line, that the intense level of detail and size made them seem statue like. This could also stem from the fact I normally just collect 2 to 4 inch figures.

The thing that does bug me a little about vinylmation, as well as most of the current vinyl figure trend; is that it takes one generic template model and then makes a huge cottage industry out of a single mode with endless repaints posing as different figures. I realize design, cast, mold and production costs and effort are a lot for any sort of toy. But when it comes down to it, all these Muppet figures are all just a Mickey Mouse figure.

Still, to me its cool seeing something out there Muppet figure related.

beaker

Reaction score
Oh yes they do. Their figures are all put out by Hasbro. So Hasbro releases Marvel, Indy Jones, Gi Joe and Transformers all in the same
"mini squad" 2" figure style two-packs, as well as all the identical "Mighty Muggs". The actual Transformers, Indiana Jones, GI Joe, etc figures are all different however,