New Disney Muppets Figures Revealed

theprawncracker

Reaction score
beaker said:
Still, to me its cool seeing something out there Muppet figure related.
Exactly. You don't have to buy them or even like them--but I think it's pretty important to see the Muppets being integrated into the Vinylmation medium. When I was in WDW, the Vinylmation figures were a fan favorite, apparently. I asked a few cast members about the popularity of them and they told me that they were hoping they became as big as Disney's pin collecting. So I think seeing the Muppets incorporated into that is a very good thing. :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh no doubt, Mcfarlane figures have such a limited posability that they seem like statues.

Heh... MacFarline toys ARE statues! Or some sort of diarama.

I think I'm warming up to the whole urban vynal thing... got a pretty cool Robin Mask Japanese Shonen Jump 40th anniversary vynal figure a while back. They aren't really my thing, as I like sculpted figures... but some of these are pretty cool. Especially the Bunsen, Rizzo, and Statler and Waldorf... anyone else think that those last 2 look like how they would be represented in South Park?
The thing that does bug me a little about vinylmation, as well as most of the current vinyl figure trend; is that it takes one generic template model and then makes a huge cottage industry out of a single mode with endless repaints posing as different figures.
That's what I'm not really getting into them that much. Again, I like to have something sculpted... sort of like those City Monsters figures (man, I wish those were cheaper... as it stands I only bothered to get 1). But we're getting NEW muppet merchandise... one specifically aimed at a special niche market, by the way, and that's absolutely cool. I may just get a couple of these somehow...

MuppetMazz

Reaction score
The best thing about the Vinylmation Muppets is, I don't really see other Disney properties getting dedicated chunks of production...i.e. there is no Disney Princess Vinylmation run and those ladies are on EVERYTHING. The Muppets are getting respect.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The best thing about the Vinylmation Muppets is, I don't really see other Disney properties getting dedicated chunks of production...i.e. there is no Disney Princess Vinylmation run and those ladies are on EVERYTHING. The Muppets are getting respect.
Yeah, that's the thing that's very interesting. These types of vinyls are usually marketed toward young adults. That gives me hope that Disney sees the Muppets as more than just a children's property. Or at least they want to include older fans this much! Still, some of us don't like the urban vinyl craze no matter what is stamped on it and I get that.

I remember a time not too long ago when all the measily merchandise we got were Muppet phone cards and painted Nascar Hot Wheels. :confused: This is better.

Fluffets

Reaction score
Come to think of it isn't this implying the "Disney owns the muppets" thought, I mean even if they have rights its still maybe not the fact that we're most proud of, as some people on this community will agree, even I (a newer generation muppet fan) don't like to much DISNEY in the muppets, or is this the muppets in disney? Either way,but yes its good to have one more muppet colectible to put on the shelf.:big_grin:

muppetperson

Reaction score
I wonder if they will make Sweetums bigger? Which reminds me, the first Kermit Vinylmation figure was suppose to come in two sizes! Has anybody seen the 9" size?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I remember a time not too long ago when all the measily merchandise we got were Muppet phone cards and painted Nascar Hot Wheels. :confused: This is better.

I remember not too long ago when all we got was a pillow and impossible to find, unless they were in a crane machine... then impossible to win , Muppet Oz plush... and that was 3 years ago! :big_grin: I really hope there is a looming muppet merchandise booms out there... seems like one's coming. The Star Wars set... the Muppet comics... now these. Now all I wanna know is who do ya have to twist the arms of to get some new Muppet Plush... specifically ones you can walk into a store and actually buy... none of this crane/carny game crap...

And didn't the Nascar cars come out during the 2003 muppet merch boom when you couldn't punt a football without hitting a Kermit the Frog or Animal something or other? Remember when all we had was Applause's Kermit/Piggy/Animal collection? And then the long wait after that?

rexcrk

Reaction score
Definite pass for me.

Not a fan of the "blind packaging" for one, and not a fan of that design either.

*Sigh* I've just been so spoiled by Palisades lol

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Definite pass for me.

Not a fan of the "blind packaging" for one, and not a fan of that design either.

*Sigh* I've just been so spoiled by Palisades lol
It seems that everyone longs for the day of Palisades Muppets. But speaking as a freelancer for a portion of the line, I am enjoying this diversification of the Muppets in figures. I have the Kubricks for Muppets and Sesame, I also have the Vinylmation Kermit and will get the rest of them (if possible). But my first choice would be to get the EFX Rizzo. Nothing beats the real deal even on a character that isn't my fave. Just thinking about his funky little stitched jacket gives me goosebumps. Is that wrong? :shifty:

I would really like to see more Muppet figural merchandise. From anime-style statues to high quality sculptures of reenacted scenes from the Muppet Show or the Movies. Just think of an anime Piggy in a Karate pose or a realistically puppet-looking, miniature sculpted scene with Kermit and Fozzie dodging tomatoes and beer steins on the El Sleazo dance stage. That's the kind of stuff I want to see. All of it. A frogboy can dream can't he? :embarrassed: